Flashback (Paxton)

In 1900 there was a great battle between the demons and the angels. Many high-ranking demons had instigated armed revolts and ultimately the decisive war broke out. This lasted for 10 years and was the fiercest and cruelest war ever. I saw thousands of demons and angels fall, but it seemed like there was no end in sight. Hundreds of angels fell and chose to become demons. Like me. I wasn't always Paxton the Cruel. I was born as a person in 1800, but I died early at the age of 44. God or whoever it was made me an angel. Deep down in me, I've always had the feeling of being different. When angels fall they have a split second to decide whether to die or become a demon. I fell towards the end of the great battle and didn't want to die. A dark age began for the world of demons. My a reign of terror from which many suffered and more angels fell. From 1955 I was only known under the name "Demon Prince".

When I fell, Vitus fell with me. But we didn't die, I became a demon and Vitus was no longer a creature from heaven. His fur and wings turned black, and his eyes were greedy for suffering, misery and blood. Together with me, the Demon Lord, he brought fear, horror and agitated fear over many areas in Delminum (even more than there was before) for 45 years. At some point the fear of us was so great that everyone would disappear into their house if they even found out that we were coming.

Until one day I met Asterin again. With the angels she had been my closest confidante and best friend for years. It was I who made her an angel before the great battle and I had trained her to be an angel. Taught her what an angel has to do. While she had risen to one of the high angels after the great battle, I could say of myself that I had become a well-known and feared demon. Asterin came and I forgot everything around me. I had noticed for a long time that I had developed feelings for her. I was now a demon and love between a demon and an angel was forbidden and is still the supreme law of all of us (demons and angels) today. I was weak and got involved with her and nine months later you were born. What I couldn't have guessed was that Asterin was still pregnant. 5 Years after our weak night, your twin sister was born on the same day only in May. Since I am a demon and she is an angel, it is not uncommon that she had twins in different years. We decided to tell you two that you have a sister, but not what her name is or what she looks like. I don't even know what my second daughter is called or looks like.

Since I first held you in my arms, my world has turned 180 degrees. You as a small, delicate creature, so innocent and fragile. From this day on, my heart belonged to you and I sank into your bright sea-blue eyes. I knew that if it had to be I would give my life for you and always protect you from everything that might come, because my world was dangerous and vicious. I thought it wasn't a place for you, not a safe home that I can offer you. When you turned 10 I saw how much I was wrong, because you were already as a toddler and even now as a young woman you are like me. Delminum is perfect for you.