21.

Niam

Extremely confused, I make my way to college. I haven't gotten anything out of Dougal. I don't know why he reacted so strangely, or what exactly Aideen is all about. I hope to meet her today and find out what she's all about.

I enter college and straight away I make my way to the roof. Lessons? - No thanks. I met her here last time, maybe I'll meet her here again today.

I step on the roof of the college and look around expectantly. She is nowhere to be seen. Okay, I'll sit on the edge of the roof and wait. Said and done.

Aideen

Today I want to learn more about Niam. I think I've never been as curious about a boy as I was about Niam this time. Without really paying attention to what is going on around me, I run to college. Somehow I have the feeling that I can find him on the roof again. I run up the stairs to the roof, taking two steps at a time. Meanwhile, a few questions arise in my head: Do I look good? What's the best way to start a conversation with him? Can I find out a lot about him as inconspicuously as possible? How does he feel about me? Am I going to act like that teasing again? I shake my head to be able to have clear thoughts again. Then I step out into the bright light of the morning sun and stop.

Why don't I keep moving? What's going on now It is as if the synapses in my head are no longer doing their job. I see Niam and nothing works anymore, absolutely nothing. I sneak up to him on tiptoe until a "Hey Flammchen" sounds from him. He turns around and I stare into his hazel eyes. I try to get an angry look in a flash and sit down next to him. "Don't call me that ! "

"What do you mean, Flammchen?" He gets an annoyed look from Aideen. "How old are you actually?", She tries a very abrupt change of subject. "25 and you?" Niam gives her a curious look. "20." "Who are you?", Niam bursts out. Confused, Aideen turns to him. Immediately he bites his lip, which directs her gaze there. "What do you mean? YOU know that I am a demon." Niam nods. "Where are you from?" "Our castle is not far from Banjul." "Ours?" "I live with my father. And you?" "I live with my brother in our parents' castle, they have both been dead a little longer. Our castle is not far from the Dark forest." Aideen's eyes sparkle. "Dark forest. This is my absolute favorite place." Now it is Niam who turns to Aideen in surprise: "Mine too." She smiles shyly at him.

"So you and your father live together?" Aideen nods. "You have a good relationship?" Again she nods. "I know where this is going. You try to sneak in on me to look good with him. Believe me, so many have tried. You don't need to pretend to be interested in me. "Aideen is tempted to get up when Niam takes her arm. She looks into his brown eyes and waits." Please wait. I didn't mean it. I'm interested in you. " Unbelievers widen Niam's eyes at his own confession and Aideen sat down again, becoming curious.

"I have absolutely no idea who your father is, should I have that?" "Just to make one thing clear in advance who my father is, doesn't define who I am!" She snaps at him a little gruffly. He nods in agreement. "I still want to tell you who my father is. Even at the risk that you will stay away from me. "Now a little curious, Niam looks at Aideen waiting. Before she continues, she takes a deep breath." My father is the prince of demons. " Horror spreads across Niam's face.

"Oh my God." He emphasizes these three words extra slowly. "That can't be true. Finally I have feelings for a girl, and then her father is ..." he says more to himself than to Aideen. Guiltily, she lowers her head. There is silence between them for a few minutes. "I'm ... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you." Aideen quickly gets up and hurries into the building. She can feel tears running down her cheeks. Angrily, she wipes them away. But she comes not far, because suddenly someone stands in front of her and she runs against him at full speed. Arms encircle her and she feels the rapid rise and fall of a man's breast. "I didn't mean to make you cry." Niam whispers in her ear. She raises her head angrily. "Are you crying because of you? Who do you think you are? "" Oh Flammchen, I know how irresistible I am. " Niam smiles and Aideen looks at him bitterly.