2.

Calandra

"Calandra, dear what's going on?" I hear my mother's voice. Confused, I look at her. I was completely lost in thought. Shopping trips with my mother were always very exhausting. She had to visit every store and didn't linger there rarely an eternity.
"Nothing nothing. I was just in thought. "" Do you fancy a coffee? ", My mother looks at me questioningly. "Sure, I'll go get two, are you waiting here?", She nods and hands me a $ 10 bill. I leave the shop we've been in for ... I have no idea.

My mother is a true beauty queen. She is almost 200 years old, but she is very fashion-conscious and doesn't look older than 30. Sometimes it is extremely exhausting to have to make it clear to everyone that she is my mother and not my sister. Nobody can imagine how annoying it is to be constantly asked if you can have my sister's cell phone number. "No, that's not my sister, that's my mother!" "Oh, I'm sorry, you look so much alike and she looks really damn young!" I'm happy, yes ... no, I'm not happy anymore. Starbucks is only three blocks away. Once there, I order two coffees, but mine with cream. As I leave Starbucks, I think about what my new high school year - or should I say SENIOR YEAR? - will look like. Often times it is really not easy to pretend to be like everyone else. But luckily I'm not alone. My best friends Liora and Aquata often make everyday life easier for me. With them I can be completely myself and don't have to pretend. I am just so happy that they decided at that time to live in Amphypolis as well as in the human world.

Since I am so busy with my thoughts, I do not notice that I am walking back to the store without really paying attention to my surroundings. Until suddenly I run into someone and a voice says "Damn it, what ...?". I look up startled and see a girl who is a little older than me. She has red hair a little longer than shoulder-length and bright blue eyes. She wears a black leather jacket and a black top with red roses on it, her skirt has the same pattern. My mother's coffee runs down her chest and stomach. "Oh my god ... it ... I'm so sorry! " Something about her style bothers me. She is different like me! "Mierda!", It escapes me. Why do such situations only have to happen to me? It's so uncomfortable for me, especially since a cluster of people has formed around us who are beginning to gawk curiously. Nothing new for Times Square either.

"What's your name?", I am asked by her. "Calandra. I can give you money to clean it, or ... or I'll buy you a new outfit." I start stuttering. This situation is extremely uncomfortable for me and I would like to sink into the ground. The strange girl looks at me directly: "What are you?" I look at her frightened and perplexed. There is nothing in my brain except the urge to run away. I turn on my heel and hurry back to my mother in the store, with only a coffee

"Calandra, what happened, you're pale as the wall!", Scared my mother hurries to me and grabs my forehead with one hand while she supports me with the other hand. "I don't think I'll pass out! "I say firmly, wiping her hand from my forehead. She watches me worriedly as I turn to a clothes stand.

In my mind I am with the girl and wonder why I reacted so strangely. I usually met other beings in a friendly manner. But today was a bad day from the start. I'm always in a bad mood when my mother persuades me to go shopping with her. She manages to persuade me so often. Most of the time it doesn't just stay for one day, but the next day she felt like going shopping again.