19.

Calandra

"Madre?" "Yes, dear?" "I would like to do some training for next month's strength festival." I also always trained when I had other thoughts. And right now I urgently need a distraction. "Of course. We'll meet outside in the garden in 10 minutes." Outside in the garden, like many other angels, we had a training area. Since the great war, nobody wanted to be unprepared anymore and many angels trained themselves but also their children. Not only to protect yourself, but also to feel a little bit of security. Everyone lived in permanent insecurity, because overnight a war could break out because someone did not obey the Supreme Law or because someone did something that was not in accordance with the guidelines. That was one of the reasons I decided to live part of the human world. Rules were all well and good and important too. But there were just too many of them here in Amphypolis.

My mother comes out of our castle. Our castle, what that sounds like. In Delminum and Amphypolis there are quite simple and simple rules: If you are of high rank or were born high, a splendid life awaits you in a castle or palace. If you were born poor and in a low class you were entitled to a house, but your life is insignificant. Any chances of advancement are forbidden to you due to your origin. In the human world one has developed further. Here in the Otherworld, the ancient laws still apply and at the moment it doesn't look like anything will ever change.

"Concentrate!", My mother snaps at me and I am torn from my thoughts. Only now do I realize that she is waiting for me to begin. "Mother, I would very much like to start training my demonic powers." Without any emotion on her face, she nods. She hates that I have demonic powers, it always reminds her of her lost love and her former best friend. I have mastered these powers, but I don't want them to belong to me. It becomes a problem and therefore I have to control it in spite of everything.

"What should I transform into?" "Let's try something hard. Transform into Lyanna." I nod and imagine them. Then I feel a tingling sensation that spreads over my whole body. Before I open my eyes, I hear my mother gasping for breath. Startled, I open my eyes and look down at myself. The only thing I see are feathers! So it worked. But before I can really be happy, my concentration leaves me and I transform back again. I want to sit down, exhausted, but I did this calculation without my mother. She looks at me strictly: "It goes on!" "Please, I feel so exhausted." "Then train your angelic powers." Before I can start, however, Miriel, mother's soul animal, comes up. Horror spreads across mother's face. "I have to go," she mumbled in my direction. Then she rushes inside. Okay, then I'll probably train on my own. Because that makes so much sense.

A few minutes later, I don't feel like it anymore and beam myself into my room. Once there, I sit on my bed and try - again - to find out who my sister could be.