Explanation

The soul animal ceremony

What is the soul animal ceremony? - A traditional ceremony
Every year on April 1st, all ten year olds, angels and demons, must gather together and take the test. It's a special day in the life of every ten year old. It's about strengthening the bond between your soul animal. They are called by name and choose their animals. The elect and their animals are marked all at once and from that moment are connected for a lifetime. The animal accompanies its chosen one everywhere, they can communicate with each other via telepathy and if they want to go into the human world, the animals can also transform themselves into humans. They can even talk to each other and find each other over long distances. It's a bond and a friendship for life.

However, there are also negative sides: If a soul animal dies, it means that his chosen one has also died. Through their covenant they protect one another and can heal one another, but are very vulnerable as a result. A soul animal can give its life for that of its chosen one. It dies, but its chosen one lives on. He has no chance of new elections and has to live alone.
Soul animals have no such thing as birthdays, they arise on the day of the birth of their chosen one and are in a kind of trance until their chosen one is 10 years old. During this state they are neither in one place nor in a time zone known to us. The soul animal ceremony is actually just another consolidation, a confirmation that the animal and the chosen one now lead a life together.

Mistral and Isra

I turned 10 a few weeks ago and today is April 1st. My soul animal ceremony is coming up. I stand in front of the Great Hall of Demons and wait to be called. My big brother is standing in the ranks of the waiting families and looks at me encouragingly. "Mistral Ashoka", I hear my name and I enter the hall. I sit in the middle of the room and close my eyes. "Open your mind," I hear my teacher say in my mind. I feel their presence. I've always felt like someone was watching over me. "My name is Isra and I choose you to be my soul mate." I blink and slowly open my eyes. In front of me is a gray and white she-wolf with bright gray-blue eyes. She also studies me. Suddenly I hear a soft voice in my head have chosen you because of your pure heart and your generosity, this is hidden behind an innocent darkness! " I stroke Isra and together we leave the room.

Niam and Dougal

I was allowed to attend the ceremony when I was 9 years old. My birthday is on April 18th and the head demons decided to let me take part in the ceremony and not wait another year because I will soon be 10. Actually, I'm not nervous when I'm finally called. "Niam Ashoka", now a bit nervous, I enter the great hall of demons. I kneel down and don't want to open my mind. Shortly afterwards I think I can hear wings flapping and with a thump an unimaginably large dragon lands in front of me. His scaly skin glows in a gray-red shimmer, but he has friendly eyes that look at me gently and curiously. A symbol that looks almost like a heart is emblazoned on his chest. "Why are you closing yourself off from me?" my thoughts a rough and dark voice. Reluctantly, I allow him a glimpse into my thoughts, my soul, and my heart. "Niam Ashoka, I choose you as my soul mate. From now on we are forever connected. "I open my eyes and ask Dougal in astonishment:" Why did you choose me? I do not deserve to bind such a magnificent soul animal like you to me. " In my mind I hear Dougal, it almost sounds like a smile, replies: "Niam, I chose you because you are worth it. You have a good heart deep inside you. However, you also have darkness and an evil being, just like me. "Together with Dougal I leave the great hall of demons. As I step out into the dark light I hear startled exclamations. I know exactly why. The last of a dragon was a cruel demon, everyone only knew him by the dreaded name Cadmus, I only knew him as my father.

Aideen and Jaro

I have been 10 for half a year and today is the day my soul animal will choose me. I'm a little nervous and excited, but at the same time I'm very happy. My father gives me another hug before I enter the great hall of demons. "Aideen Kevala" is my keyword and I enter the great hall. In principle I hated ceremonies and all kinds of celebrations, but this is something very special today. I sit down on the floor of the great hall and open my mind, ready to get to know my soul animal. As soon as I am ready for my animal, I hear snorting and hooves behind me. I turn around in amazement and see a black, winged stallion. "My name is Jaro and I choose you as my soul mate. I will be you protect and accompany you throughout your life and support you with words and deeds. " I get up beaming and walk to Jaro's side. He kneels down and I rise. In my mind I hear his dark but warm voice telling me: "I chose you because of your strong will and your urge to achieve great things. Because of your ambition to do justice to everything and everyone and your indestructible love for your father. "Sitting on his back, Jaro gallops out of the great hall and immediately soars up into the sky. My first flight together with Jaro.

Calandra and Lyanna

Today is my big day. I am waiting anxiously to be called. My mother stands behind me and proudly put a hand on my shoulder. "Calandra Sushila", sounds the voices of the upper angels. Nervous and excited I step into the elven clearing and hear the chirping of birds around me. Behind the trees at the edge of the clearing a griffin appears. He has the beak and the mighty ones , strong wings of an eagle. The paws and the rest of the body is that of a young lion. She walks smoothly towards me and a melodious, soothing voice sounds in my head: "Hello Calandra. My name is Lyanna. I am your soul animal. " "Hello Lyanna, I am pleased to meet you." I walk up to her and touch her neck in which I feel her heart beating. "Calandra, I chose you because I am very impressed by your level-headedness, wisdom and goodness and yet inner strength towards all living beings. Among other things, these are properties that make a griffin to a griffin. I see myself in you. " When Lyanna leaves the clearing with me, all conversations fall silent. The upper angels come to me and the goddess Idun (goddess of immortality) turns to me: "It is very rare that a griffin chooses an angel. You have to be very special and she must have noticed that. Take good care of her. "" I will. " , I promise you and I'll go to my mother's house with Lyanna.