Flashback

The parents of Niam and Mistral have already been mentioned a couple of times. Both are dead. So that you can get to know them better, they tell you something about their past:

Keres

I was born a demon on a dark February day in 1822. My childhood was relatively unspectacular. When I was a teenager, I wanted to make my family proud because I was too good for them. So I started doing bad things and tried to put my heart on the back burner. I always felt a deep sadness in myself and didn't want to be quite so angry. My life started to pass me by and I felt like I was more of a spectator than the main character. Until I met Cadmus in 1970. From the beginning he fascinated me and I was drawn to him. It even seemed like he didn't mind that I couldn't be so angry. I loved him until I had my son Niam and suddenly Cadmus was transformed. I met my good friend Paxton, who was fascinated by Cadmus and Cadmus became his tutor. In contrast, Paxton and I got along very well and became good friends. I had my second son, Mistral, and all of a sudden Cadmus didn't like me being so kindhearted.

I was able to put him off for another 7 years, then my grace period expired. He betrayed me to Hades and my two sons were exposed to his cruelty without protection. Loelia, my faithful, black-winged mare, my soul animal tried to save me from death. She didn't succeed. The last thing I thought about was my sons and that I would never see them grow up.

Cadmus

I was born a demon in 1805 into a rich family. I had four older siblings and two younger ones. However, I never met my birth father. My mother was loving, but one of the top demons and therefore very conscientious. She could be cruel too. I was angry and cruel from a young age, heartless to everyone and I loved it. I enjoyed spending time with my siblings inciting trouble and torturing animals. No wonder the dragon Shay chose me. Together with him, I began my reign of terror over Delminum at the young age of 25. My mother was very proud of me because I ruled mercilessly and mercilessly. Shay was just as merciless, bringing fear and fear into the villages just through his shadow.

Until I met Keres. She was so different from everyone else, so fascinating, so kind-hearted! At first it was nice to have someone around me who saw things differently. But when my son Niam was born, I wanted him to be brought up strictly and naturally evil. I made Keres do evil, but she refused. Even when my second son was born, she wanted to raise them both well! That's not right for a demon. I betrayed them to Hades, because that's how it goes with demons who have hearts. My love for her had gone without a trace, I didn't even feel affection for my children. I took pride in being angry with myself and living without a heart.

Until the day Niam tore my heart out, I was just teaching Mistral a lesson. He shouldn't complain and cry for his mother, that would be cowardly and I wouldn't have taught him that until I only see one hand sticking through me and then everything is black.