CHAPTER NINE

Christmas break had officially begun.

The snow, the rush of getting people gifts, and the big crowds it all came back for the one time of the year.

Christmas.

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday ever since I was a little girl.

On Christmas Day my whole family would sit around the tree and open presents for hours. My favorite thing was going to the malfoys for Christmas Eve and sometimes Christmas Day. I loved seeing Draco.

I would usually take all my gifts but I was still missing a few. I was missing Draco's gift.

I had to think of something that had not too much thought. That's when it hit me. A new suit. He's had the same black one since fourth year and he hardly ever wears it. Surely I could find something similar. I just had to get his measurements from Daphne.

-

ONE DAY TIL CHRISTMAS:

Draco's suit arrived and I had everyone's gifts ready and wrapped. I had finished putting everything away when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in". I yelled. "Mum". I said. She sat down. "Get ready we're going to the malfoys tonight". I jumped with excitement. "Fancy?" I asked "Indeed".and she shut the door.

-

It was quarter to eight. I slipped a red silky tight dress with a slit on my leg. I finished my hair and makeup admiring myself in the mirror.I grabbed my black crossbody purse which had a extension charm so I could put the presents in it just in case we stayed the night. There was a knock on my door. I opened it.

It was Daphne and Astoria.

"You look absolutely stunning". Astoria said while kissing my cheek. I twirled. "I missed seeing everyone all dressed up". "You tryna show off for your new man. Ooooh Adrian". She said while teasing me.

"Adrian?" Astoria said. "The new kid. Oh so you've got him wrapped around your little finger".

They both teased me.

"Stop" I said playfully. "He'll be there tonight". Daphne said. "He is?!" I said while panicking. They both laughed.

"Yep I told Draco to invite him. It'll be the group Astoria. and Adrian oh and our parents obviously". Daphne said. I groaned. "Perfect". I said sarcastically. "Wait what about Pansy? I invited her".

"She couldn't make it". Astoria said. I felt the mood die down.

She looked at the clock. It was almost eight. "We must get going now". And she dragged me and Astoria down to the fireplace to meet out parents.

-

We arrived at Malfoy manor admiring its beauty. The black and white aesthetic stood out everywhere you looked. I'd always loved coming here. It never failed to amaze me. Though at night it got creepy. 

Everyone was waiting in the ballroom. Me, Daphne, and Astoria walked hand in hand.

The ballroom had a beautiful chandelier that was huge that hung in the middle of the room with crystals hanging. It was a giant room with tables all around the giant dance floor.