CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

As the phone was ringing I debated on whether or not to put the phone down.

"Hello?" Draco's voice said. I was silent. "Anyone there?" Silence again. "Okay..."

"Wait". My voice said. "Draco".

"Annalise?" He said. "I'd only be calling if this was important". He was silent. "Is Daphne there?"

"No not yet". "There something that you need to know..." "what is it?" He asked. "Daphne plans to tell you something life changing". I stopped talking.

"Well what is it?" He asked. "I don't want to interfere with your relationship but I just want to warn you".

"Trust me our relationship is already bad".

"She told me that you want to call off the engagement". "I don't see a future with her".

"Are you leaving her for someone else?" "I don't know yet". He said.

"I just want to help. That's all". "I don't need saving".

"Of course you don't. Draco Malfoy the guy who doesn't need saving". I said. "I don't really know if I believe you".

"Of course you don't". I laughed. "Im gonna hang up now". I said. "Wait. How how are you. It's been so long".

"Im doing okay". I sighed. "It was hard not seeing everyone but I got use to it". "It was hard not seeing you everyday but I'm glad we got the truth from Adrian". He said.

"Yeah...". "Is there something wrong?" "No". I said.

"I should probably go Daphne could be there any second". "Right". He said. "It was nice to hear your voice again".

"Yours too". I said. "Bye". He said. "Bye". I said back.

-

Weeks had passed and I hadn't heard from anyone. I wanted to write I wanted to call but I couldn't bring my self too.

But one day there was an owl flying towards my window. I quickly opened it find a letter from Astoria. She wanted me too come to her house. To talk. I quickly replied back. I grabbed my keys and I drove to her house.

Her house had 2 bedrooms with a one bath. It was only five minutes from my house.

I ended up spending the night at her house. We caught up with each other's life even though mine was pretty boring.

She told me all about her seventh year and about the boys. Astoria was currently single but she did have her eye on a boy.

She described him to me. She said he was a muggle she met. They had bumped into each other in muggle London.

I thought that was super cute.

They exchanged numbers and quickly they started talking. He had finally asked her out on a date for the first time. It would be tomorrow.

She was super nervous. I could tell. They way she talked about him though she seemed so head over heals fore him.

He sounded so perfect for her.

I was happy for her. That was just what she needed.

She did apologize for not reaching out sooner. She hugged me and said she as glad that I was back.

She even said that our mom and dad weren't doing so good. It was after I left mum flipped out and my father said it was my choice. He was right but sometimes I feel I made the wrong one.

-