Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It is a cold night. The air brisk and crisp, making the annual get together somehow even more uninviting. I laugh to myself before pulling open the doors to Starbucks.

It's not fancy as most would expect considering how top notch my school is but comfortable and relaxing. I wiggle my toes in my riding boots before walking up to the end of the line.

My eyes study the menu even though I already know what I will order when my time comes. I hear the rowdy footsteps of several come up to stand behind me in line.

I give a glance in their direction so as to know which snob from school I would get the honor of standing with but it's not someone from school. Not someone that should go to my school at least.

It's them.

It's One Direction.

"Ohhh are you the one that played?? The piano at the concert last week?" Harry asks and I am somehow shocked by how strong of an accent his voice holds.

"Yes." I answer strongly, lifting my chin and turning my head to look him in the eyes proudly. I would not give him the satisfaction of me admitting how gruesome my performance had been.

"It was very lovely!" He says to my surprise and I hear the pop before I feel the sting. I feel anger surge through me at his mocking but shock too from my reaction.

My hand had moved subconsciously.

Subconsciously I'd slapped Harry styles.

Harry backs away with bewilderment lighting his bright eyes. Liam steps in front of him protectively but raises his hands in surrender as I continue to glare with widening eyes.

I swallow what, if any, saliva there is left in my mouth and look down. Around. Anywhere away from their shocked faces.

I feel a gentle hand cup my should and know immediately from the strength that it's the strong one. Louis.

My first instinct is to push him away but I'm mixing with them. Becoming them here now.

Society.

I look up briefly to see them all gazing at me with concern. Liam steps forward, a comforting hand reaching out to touch my face.

"I'm so sorry." The words are out of my mouth before I can think and the emotion behind them is raw and intense. I rush out before they can even reply.

The crowd parts before me like the Red Sea but they stay locked in place. I feel the hand brush my cheek as I shuffle out swiftly.

It feels warm.

Electrifying.

I force myself to remember to keep walking even though some undiscovered part of me earns to stay and talk.