Chapter 7

Heads up I added a lot to Chapter 6 so you might want to go back and see what else has happened haha. ;) Any who thanks for reading!! I ought to have another chapter up by tomorow afternoon considering this one is so short (Sorry!) but i promise it will be detailed and extremely enjoyable! Comment, vote, and tell me how I did on this one and my update to the last please! Thanks! :)

The white iPhone is cold against my face. It's been sitting on the windowsill for over an hour now while I baked on end for a nearby nursing home.

"Yeahh just finished. I have 2 cakes, a set of chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal bar things, and powdered sugar brownie balls." I say, inspecting my crammed counter.

"Dang!" Liam exclaims and I let out a laugh. The air is overwhelmingly rich with scents, making my stomach gurgle.

"I saved the marble cake for tonight..." My voice sounds unsure but it isn't that I doubt my baking skills. It's that I'm unsure what will happen tonight.

"Courtney." He sighs but I know he's not annoyed. "Relax you're just properly meeting the band-they're just really curious who I've been spending all my time with."

"Ok ok ok.." I reassure myself. "Just-I don't know just make sure they know I'm sorry about what happened at Starbucks and that I took Harry's comment the wrong way and-"

Liam cuts me off before I can rant anymore than I should. "They're going to love you. Relax." He orders gently and I feel my shoulders sag as we both hit the end call button. I lean against the fridge and am reminded of our day in the snow. It was a week ago but my mind still keeps it on constant replay.

I close my eyes and the images flash against the lids. My heart aches for more-more memories like this. More hugging. More of him. As much as I could get.

Nothing had changed after that though. The very next day everything was normal. We still acted as friendly as usual but I couldn't help but want for more. I knew he didn't feel the same but a part of me still had hope.

I open my eyes, deciding not to dwell on the subject. He didn't mean it. He was caught up in the moment. We're just friends. Nothing more. The end.

By the time the sun has started to settle off into the horizon I have the kitchen table set with food. Anything and everything I knew Niall and Liam liked so I had hoped the rest of the band shared their tastes.

I turn on the TV to distract my mind but am soon pacing to the bathroom to check my reflection.

My eyes look panicked but the light brown seems to hold more green hues than normal and I smile.

My hair is pulled loosely to the side in a braid that makes my face look ovally. I frown at the thought but continue inspecting.

My skin has paled dramatically since summer but the rosey glow it holds instead of my tan doesn't bother me too much.

My outfit is casual, consisting of jeans and a long sleeve V-neck. I pull my tank top up self consciously and that's when I hear the doorbell. I freeze in shock at first but slowly my joints loosen and I rush to the door. The knob is cold to the touch but I turn it as soon as the metal touches my skin.

It pull it open and am greeted by five bright, smiling faces.

The stunning faces of One Direction.