Chapter 23

I'm gonna rant just one minute so if you don't want to hear it just skip and DON'T COMPLAIN. Thank you :)

Nowww we all have those sstupid dumb arrogant exes that gahh you just want to strangle because they are so ignorant and mean. Okk so I break up with you right? And I do it in the nicest way possible right? Even though you treated me like a peice of trash!! And thenn you have the nerve to come back and lie to my face-telling me how you don't deserve me and that I should totally hate you. Well ya know what?!? I DO. Haha jk because I can't and it sucks but I do so bad and it makes no sense espicially since all you do is LIE LIE LIE LIE LIE and thenn apologize and think that that makes everything suddenly better somehow. Well it doesn't and it shouldn't and I do deserve better than this and I want you out of my life so leave!!!!

Sorry I just had like..I'm not even sure what to call it so ignore but I guess I needed that off my chest and let's all just get on with the story nowww.

"Court...Courtney!" The pestering whisper in my ear makes me want to slap some sense into whoever the hell was trying to wake me but that meant reallyyy waking up and I wasn't quite ready for that yet. Dreaming was so nice...or the dream in this case.

"Hungafuhuh?" I start to groan incoherently, scowling through closed eyes in the direction of where the noise was coming from. I get a nudge in reply and pry my lids half open to shoot daggers at Emily.

She looks panicked though and I know immediatly something must be wrong. "No..no pretend to keep sleeping." Her blue eyes find the window behind me and I want to laugh at her horrible acting.

I pretend to roll in my sleep and end up with my face curled by her ear, the car seat smelling oddly of bananas. "Continue." I murmur softly, realising Liam was driving but other than that the car looked empty from my veiw. 

"What were you guys doing outside?? I walk out and there you are asleep against him but he's rambling on and on...." My eyebrows furrow as I try to recall the bench. We were sitting there, looking up at the clear sky when I fell asleep..And then I started dreaming. Liam and I were at the beach and the house looked so familar, I think maybe I'd taken it out of a movie I've seen or something and he just kept repeating the same words over and over again. I can't recall the words but I can still feel the swell of my heart at the thought of the small ranch home.

"We were looking at the stars and I fell asleep.." I mumble, no longer aching for sleep and the dream, unless it were to come in reality. "What was he rambling about?" I eye Liam's dinstinguished frame of his shoulders and how good his hearing is. And then what he had been telling me.

"I don't know!! That's why I asked!!" Her body twitches next to mine and I know she's just as annoyed and curious as to what my brown haired friend had been telling me. "Only one way to find out." Emily adds, barely loud enough to hear but I catch it and give my head a furious shake before remembering my act.

I couldn't ask Liam what he had said!! What if he had thought I was awake the whole time??? That'd be embarassing but I mean then he wouldn't find anything wrong with telling me again...but would he be upset? I groan again and this time I get a glance back from the driver.

"Think she's having a nightmare??" His voice comforts me even though the worry in it is unmistakable too. Just like a brother. If we really were related maybe it'd be better, I could date Harry and would  never have a thought about Li like this. But Harry doesn't like me like that either, or if he does then not for long. All the hate letters I get in my locker tell me so.

He's a wild one, huh? Getting every girl he wants, I'd just be another notch in his belt. A pang of sadness shoots through me at this, and I try to tell myself it's just because Harry's my friend and I shouldn't be thinking this lowly of him but even I can't fool myself with that.