Chapter 2: A new beginning

Morning finally came and you turn your head to see Bucky sweating profusely and pale, you need to get him to a doctors. "Hey Bucky boy, it's time to get up we need to get you some help." You said lightly shaking Bucky awake. "O-ok doll." Bucky tries to get up but can barely stand. "Ah!   Y/n my s-side it's pretty bad, I can barely stand." Bucky said to you weakly. "I know buck but we need to leave before hydra comes looking for us and we need to get you to a hospital because your bleeding pretty bad." You help Bucky up and you both start walking to the city, all of the sudden Bucky passes out and you start to panick and you carry him asking people for help and you start to tear up because you know your best friend is dying. "HELP! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!" You start yelling frantically "Where is the nearest hospital, please my friend is dying!" A person on the street points you in the direction of the nearest hospital and you run there as fast as you can. You run into the hospital yelling "PLEASE HELP, MY FRIEND WAS SHOT AND HE'S UNCONSCIOUS HELP HIM PLEASE!" You start crying and they immediately take him on a stretcher and they tell you to wait in the waiting room. You go into the waiting room and start to gather your thoughts and stop crying, "please Bucky, please don't leave me." You've been waiting for 2 hours when the doctor finally comes up to you "your friend is going to be okay but he needs to stay here for at least a two weeks to recover but I do have some questions for you." You get nervous but try not to show it. "Where was the bullet? You said your friend was shot right?" He asks confused "Um yeah that's right, but I was able to take it out we just couldn't get here because we were kind of far away from the city."  you say nervously "Oh ok, also where did he get his arm? He has a metal arm." He asks curiously "Oh, um he had an accident a few years back and he saved money to get a new arm." You say trying to be as calm as possible. "Oh, well you can see your friend now he's in room 315 on the 3rd floor." You run to the elevators trying to get to Bucky as fast as you can, you finally get to bucky's room and go in quietly as to not wake him. You see that he is asleep and sit on the chair next to his bed, you grab his hand. "Hey Bucky boy, im glad your okay. You scared me you big goof." You say in a whisper on the verge of tears. "H-hey doll, why you crying?" He said confused "because you scared me you big goof!" You yelled annoyed "Im sorry doll, I promise I didn't do it on purpose. Im okay now I feel a lot better. He said comfortingly " Well I'm glad, just never scare me like that again okay." You say scoldingly "I won't, don't worry doll." He holds your hand tightly "Hey um, they said that you need to be here for at least two weeks to recover but we can't stay here for that long because of-" he cuts you off "Because of hydra I know, I'll be fine we can stay for the most 3 days then we can leave." He tells you reasuringly. You climb into bed with him and lay on his chest trying to avoid touching his wound "Hey buck?" He looks at you but you don't make eye contact "Please never do that again, you really scared me I thought I lost you." He looks at you and sees a tear fall "I promise you doll, I will never ever leave you, we're a team we stick together." You look at him and smile "Always and forever." This was a saying you both made when you were with hydra, it meant that no matter what you would always have each other forever and nothing would break that. You both fall asleep when the nurse walks in, "Excuse me ma'am, I have your friends food here it's time for him to eat." You quickly get up and she gives him his food. She leaves and you both look at the food. "Whoa, look theres chicken and mashed potatoes and jello!" You both look at each other excitedly since with hydra all they gave you was bread and water and if you resisted they didn't feed you at all. "Dig in buck see how it is!" He takes a bite of the food and just looks at you. "Well? How is it buck?" He smiles and gives you a piece "Here, open your mouth." You open your mouth and he gives you a piece of chicken, you both look at each other and simotaneously say "It's so good!" You let Bucky eat most of the food since it's for him anyways but he did make you eat more bites since you both didn't have any money to buy food anywhere else. "Wow, that was delicious." Bucky says while laying back and rubbing his stomach. "Yeah it was, it been so long since I've had food like that." You sit down in the chair next to bucky's bed. "So, where are we gonna go when we have to leave?" You look at Bucky concerned "Um, I'm not sure exactly, maybe we could go to a hotel or abandoned place around here?" He says trying to come up with an idea. "What about family, do you know any family that would take us?" You ask Bucky hoping he would say yes "No, I don't even remember anyone from my past." You look down in disappointment trying to think of a better plan "what about you y/n do you have any family that would take us?" He asks hoping you would say yes "I don't remember anyone from my past either." Hydra brain washed you both but when you guys would see each other you were only able to remember each other and no one from your past. "I think we can just go to a hotel and I can use my mind powers to get us a key without paying since we don't have money." Bucky looks at you but you see sadness in his eyes "Bucky what's wrong?" He looks at you and looks down again "I hate having to steal." You look at Bucky and grab his hand "it's the only way, we are only doing it because we don't have money and we don't know anyone. I promise if it was different we would do it differently." He agrees with you and lays down. You get on the bed with him again and watch the sunset with each other and fall asleep.