Chapter Two: I have a girlfriend

“So, when did you came back to Korea? How's vacation?” Jeongyeon started a conversation, taking a sip of cold water.

“It's fine unnie! We just came back this Tuesday, it's just a short break not totally vacation. I barely rest my body and mind in Japan. . . It was exhausted.” Sana pouted before getting a pillow from the sofa and hugging it, imagining it as Dahyun.

“Eh? But Dahyun told me that you two went on a vacation.”

“Uh huh, it's really a vacation— for like a week only. The finals are coming so we can't chill ourselves out knowing that the hell week is next next week.” Mina answered. Jeongyeon just zoned out because she barely slept for days, so she just nodded before drinking water again.

The room is now in silence, the sounds of plates clanking with each other and music from Sana's phone can all be heard. It's always like this in the dorm when Dahyun and Chaeyoung are outside and it is only Jeongyeon in the dorm or when the lovebirds are far away from each other when Jeongyeon scolds them.

Obviously, Dahyun and Chaeyoung are the ones who can't keep their mouth shut up when Mina and Sana are with them, they are being with themselves or more like they just enjoy their lover's accompanied.

“Jeongyeon unnie, do you have a girlfriend?” Mina suddenly blurted out, Jeongyeon was back in the reality again and was tensed at the question Mina gave, she looks at Mina with her eyes wide open.

‘Why would she ask me all of a sudden?’ She thought.

The sound of the plates clanking and the flowing water from the kitchen sink suddenly stopped, Chaeyoung and Dahyun came out with traces of soap on their hands and looking at Jeongyeon, intrigued. All of the attention was at Jeongyeon instantly because of Mina's all-of-a-sudden question, even Sana who's busy with her study looked at her.

“I-I mean. . . If you know it's complicated or not. . . Or m-maybe it's a private matter to you. . . You know it's okay to answer it— I mean you can say no or yes. . . I didn't— I'm not going to pressure you to answer the questions I'm just curious.” Mina stammered because of how Jeongyeon stiffly seating on the sofa plus the heat of the afternoon is not helping at all because she's sweating a lot— also she's very anxious when it comes to her Jeongyeon unnie.

In Jeongyeon's mind, all she can think is nothing because words and sentences are rambling on her mind. She was hesitating to tell them that she's single, what if she said no to the question? The teases from Dahyun and Chaeyoung would last for weeks or months knowing that she's the only one who doesn't bring a girl in their dorm unlike the other two. If she said yes then both of them also are endlessly going to ask her who's the mysterious girl or rather who's the nonexistent girl and they'll be dying to meet the girl soon.

Instead, she turns around to look at Dahyun and Chaeyoung, showing her shit-eating grin before turning to Mina and Sana, smiling.

“Yes, I have a girlfriend.”

———

‘Oh god, I fucked up.’ Jeongyeon mumbles while walking in the street. She let herself cool down for a bit and taking a rest by walking all by herself since what happened earlier didn't go very well.

You'll know how hot it is in Seoul just by looking at Jeongyeon's beads of sweat on her forehead and neck. The street is almost empty and no one dares to take a step in the ground that has no shadow of buildings, trees or passing carts, or parked vehicles, it's like playing the floor is on lava. On the other hand, the bright sun of the sunset is the beautiful scenery in the street though it's really hot in the afternoon that is so beautiful to stare at.

“Really? Omg! We should set up a triple date to meet her soon!” Sana squealed excitedly, hugging Dahyun on her side and giggling.

“Babe! We should meet her soon, maybe she'll also like matcha and chocolates. We'll be great friends together and— Oh oh oh! Maybe if she studies in the same college as us, we could grab some delicious french bread toast outside the school and we'll talk a lot!” Sana stammers a lot while explaining to Dahyun all the possibilities she can do with Jeongyeon's girl.

“Wow, you never think like this when we're the ones who date each other, now im jealous.” Dahyun jokingly said while pushing away Sana's hand that is wrapped around her waist.

“Babe, im just kidding! Of course I love you~ Let me treat you on a date later before I go home, okay?” Sana cooed her girl, even though she knows that Dahyun is not serious, she’s afraid to upset the younger one so she usually apologize quickly and rain Dahyun with kisses and affection, it is usually one of Sana’s being a whipped girl towards her girlfriend.

“What the fuck unnie you haven't told us anything about your girl! We've been friends for three years im mad at you.” Of course Chaeyoung can't be mad at Jeongyeon, she's just over-exaggerating things to make Jeongyeon say sorry to her, unlucky her Jeongyeon didn't budge.

“Is she tall? short? pretty? Is her height 5'4? or maybe 5'7? A model? Maybe a dancer? Does she have long hair? Or cute gummy smile like Mina unnie? Or cute pout like my Sana unnie? Who? Who?!” Then there's Dahyun who's dying to meet the girl, dying to tell the girl about Jeongyeon's secrets, and dying to tell the girl what does Jeongyeon loves or hates and such so she can give the girl a piece of advice.

“Uh. . . Good unnie, congrats you have a girlfriend.” Mina said with a cheering voice but surprised by the fact that Jeongyeon have a girlfriend (who doesn't exist) because she expected Jeongyeon to say no so she can offer her friend to Jeongyeon—

Unfortunately, Jeongyeon is surprisingly taken and that's what she thought.