Chapter Nine: Hot Seat

“So, when did you guys start dating each other?” Dahyun asked first, Nayeon just rested her head in Jeongyeon's shoulder, mirroring Dahyun's movement who's resting her head in Sana's shoulder and holding her hand while Sana is pecking kisses in the back of her hand, whispering her random praises that Dahyun likes.

“We've been together for two months.” Jeongyeon answered, lifting her hand up to lift her two fingers.

“Oooh, how did you two met? Who made the first move?” Sana asked, looking at Nayeon then back at Jeongyeon.

“We met in a convenience store because she's buying her favorite chocolate drink while I always study at one of the tables in the store just like the last time, she approached me first saying how beautiful I am while study. Of course, I got shy then she sat next to me, and then the rest were history.” Nayeon said, there were a lot of hints of lying there but Jeongyeon's friends didn't suspect a thing, instead, they squealed excitedly like they're some child who's listening to their mother telling the story of how she and her husband met.

Of course Jeongyeon smiled but under the table, she has been hitting Nayeon's leg, reminding her that she's being narcissistic again but Nayeon didn't mind at all because she was so proud that she made Jeongyeon's friend believe something that Jeongyeon would hate.

“Jeongyeon unnie! I didn't know you'll be cheesy.” Chaeyoung said, holding on to her stomach laughing, she can't imagine Jeongyeon being sweet to others.

“Yeah, I didn't know it either.” Jeongyeon answered, chuckling as she kicks Nayeon in her leg but not so hard but as a tease. She also felt that Nayeon kicked her back but harder, making her wince in pain.

“What's Jeongyeon favorite part about you? I remembered before that Jeongyeon unnie is an ass person.” Dahyun said, making everyone laugh especially Nayeon.

“Well. . . She likes my ass pretty well, squeezing it like it's her stress ball every time she tells me that it's annoying in her dorm.” Nayeon told another lie which everyone believed except Jeongyeon who laugh in disbelief.

‘That's not true, I like your bunny teeth the most.’ Jeongyeon thought, it was soon enough to realize what she thought as she instantly shakes her head.

“Jeongyeon unnie, when is Nayeon's birthday?” Sana asks. Oh shoot, they haven't talked about this. It was dead silence in the room as Jeongyeon look at Nayeon with a fake smile plastered on her face.

“Well. . . uh since Nayeon is a Virgo. . .” She looks at Dahyun then back to Sana again.

“She's most likely to be born at September. . .” She looks at Nayeon then down at her lap, seeing Nayeon's hand signaling Jeongyeon by lifting her two fingers up two times.

“She was born on September 2.”

Nayeon looked at her with a furrowed eyebrow and her what-the-fuck-were-you-thinking look. For this situation, Nayeon laughed at loud, slapping Jeongyeon's arm again.

“Ah baby~ you forgot another number, it was September 22. Now im disappointed at you.” Nayeon said with her biggest, cutest pout. The other three are giggling, inexplicable joy is all they can feel while seeing the cute couple in front of them— fake couple rather.

It's their first time seeing Jeongyeon be flustered like this for years, it's like seeing a once-in blue moon act.

Someone came to their table, panting hard as she sat beside Chaeyoung, kissing her in the lips before placing her bag down.

“Hey, guys! Sorry im late especially for you my cub, im sorry that your Minari is late~ I've been busy in my late ballet classes tonight and— Nayeon unnie?” Mina saw Nayeon sitting beside Jeongyeon, who's clinging hard enough to make Jeongyeon friends believe that Jeongyeon really has a girlfriend.

Oh, what a small world.