Chapter Fourteen: Carnival Date

Saturday came and Jeongyeon is in front of the mirror, looking at herself while wearing a red turtle neck with her signature sexy glasses. She takes out her perfume to spray it on herself, the smell of fruity grapes and peaches invades her nose and the whole room.

Soft knocks were heard on the door, when Jeongyeon opens it, it was Chaeyoung holding a paintbrush and some paint smudges on her face.

“Unnie~ It smells so good here, where are you going?” She asks like a kid, taking a peek inside Jeongyeon's clean room before sniffing the smell of fruity.

“Me and Nayeon are going out— I mean like a date.” Jeongyeon smiles, walking past Chaeyoung who followed her.

“Really? Oh my god, unnie good luck on your date! You should gift Nayeon unnie!” Chaeyoung suggested, leaning on the door as Jeongyeon is still looking for her shoe.

“Eh? What would I give to Nayeon? That girl looks like she just wants to slap my shoulder instead of a gift— Oh here it is.” Jeongyeon laughs, taking her shoe who's lost in the sea of messy shoe rack before trying it on.

“I'm sure Nayeon unnie likes something, maybe flowers will do.”

“Thanks cub but I really need to go now, you know how short-tempered that granny is. By the way, you can invite Mina over here I cooked some carbonara earlier, it's in the freezer just reheat it.” Jeongyeon said, patting Chaeyoung's shoulder before walking outside.

“Goodbye unnie! Thank you~”

On the other hand, Nayeon is in the waiting shed, waiting for Jeongyeon to come. It was freezing cold so she makes sure that she's wearing her grandma's favorite scarf that was given to her.

If telling Jeongyeon that Nayeon is wearing her grandmother's belonging, she'll just laugh out loud and tease the older girl.

“Hey! Sorry im late, I just walk here from the dorm.” She turns around to see the owner of the voice, Jeongyeon. Nayeon was stunned at how good Jeongyeon is. She looked like an artist who's lost in street.

“Hey granny, are you listening?” Jeongyeon snaps a finger in front of Nayeon who made the older one flinch, rolling her eyes.

“I said, you told me before that you like carnival dates, there's a carnival opened near here. Do you want to go there or just eat in the McDonald's?” Jeongyeon suggested, placing her arm in her own hip as Nayeon wander her eyes in the street.

“Yeah sure, carnival date will do.” She answered with her shivering voice.

“Nice choice.”

Jeongyeon's scent wasn't helping Nayeon at all, why would Jeongyeon always have to smell so good around Nayeon who's always vulnerable around Jeongyeon?

It doesn't look like she was doing it on purpose or to impress the older girl but for Nayeon, it looks so cute and hot at the same time with Jeongyeon's short bubbly coconut hair and her cute glasses that make her looks like a nerd— a cute nerd. It makes Nayeon unconsciously smile.

“You know, if I left you here while you smile like an idiot, people will see you as a crazy homeless woman.” Jeongyeon muttered, making Nayeon slaps her arm.

There were in the carnival already since it was just a walking distance. As soon as they got inside, Nayeon pulled Jeongyeon into a cotton candy cart.

“Please~ Just only one Jeongie!” Nayeon pleased, pouting her way into Jeongyeon's heart, trying hard to make Jeongyeon buy her some cotton candy by releasing all her aegyos at Jeongyeon.

Maybe Jeongyeon didn't budge, but deep inside her heart is beating fast for Nayeon being cute, it's so weird that she's having a weird feeling around Nayeon where she couldn't feel at other people or her friends.

“Okay okay fine.” Jeongyeon said, looking away at Nayeon to calm her heart down, pointing the strawberry pink colored cotton candy that looks like a bunny as the vendor gave it to her and pays.

“Here.” Jeongyeon said, giving it to Nayeon while walking away from the cart as Nayeon grabs it like a child, holding the big cotton candy in front of her face before peeking at Jeongyeon, showing her bunny smile.

“Thank you.” She said.

“You know it looks like you, it's cute.” Jeongyeon said wrapping her arms around Nayeon's shoulder, laying it comfortably making Nayeon flustered.

“Really?”

“Yep, because it also looks old like you.”

With that, Jeongyeon received her 49th slap in her shoulder from Nayeon. Even if Jeongyeon teased her granny again, it makes Nayeon smile when Jeongyeon lowkey compliment her for the first time.

The next stop is the darting games, Nayeon persuades Jeongyeon to join her since she looks like she's good at throwing stuff especially darts and Nayeon was right, with Jeongyeon's skill, they got a plushie bunny which what Nayeon wants.

“Are you hungry?” Jeongyeon asks but Nayeon shakes her head.

“Stop lying, I can hear your stomach grumbling.” Jeongyeon laughs as Nayeon look at her in disbelief before Jeongyeon pulled her into the nearest corndog cart.

Their friendly date continued, they tried every mini-games they could and competing with each other, it was extremely fun whenever Nayeon lose against Jeongyeon and demanding for another round or telling everyone that Jeongyeon cheated.

Of course, for Jeongyeon it was fun for her when she pisses off Nayeon while playing by distracting her on random things so she could lose which she succeeds in her plan.

Now, they were in front of the Ferris wheel, looking up at the giant wheel in front of them with many beautiful colors of light displayed while Nayeon clinging in Jeongyeon's arm, holding on her like her life depends on Jeongyeon.

“Why are you holding at me like that?” Jeongyeon said, trying to push away Nayeon but the older girl didn't budge.

“You also said you want Ferris wheel date, right? Why are you afraid?” Jeongyeon added.

“I'm actually. . . Scared. I haven't tried Ferris wheel and I thought having a date on Ferris wheel might look so romantic but instead, it's so tall that I imagine.” Nayeon muttered, making Jeongyeon laugh and muffles her hair.

“You silly idiot, I thought you would love a Ferris wheel date. Do you want to go home now?” Jeongyeon asks and Nayeon responded by nodding before walking away from the Ferris wheel, and the carnival.