Chapter Sixteen: Exhibit

One and a half weeks passed.

It was long enough for Jeongyeon to get worried about Nayeon.

After the passionate kiss they shared, there was a hint of scared and guilt in Nayeon's eyes but she just set the feeling aside.

After their date, when Jeongyeon got home she was madly blushing and luckily the two kids are now sleeping. She quickly changed into pajamas and throwing herself in the bed, covering her face with a pillow before muffling her scream.

Days have passed since the date, there's no sign of Nayeon's appearance or Nayeon's presence. Supposedly, Nayeon is the one who always approaches Jeongyeon with her messages or surprise visits to their Engineering department.

But now, nobody came for her.

It was surprisingly a new feeling for Jeongyeon since she's used to Nayeon clinging around her every day but now it was all gone like a bubble popping in the air.

“Unnie! Come on quickly, you're missing Chaeyoung's artwork!” Dahyun said, pushing Jeongyeon to walk quickly.

They're outside for Chaeyoung, since Chaeyoung got the highest grade in her fine arts, she had a chance to display all her artwork in the school's auditorium for a week and the gang is there to support the little talented cub, it was today's opening and Dahyun is much more excited than Chaeyoung, meanwhile, Jeongyeon is lifelessly walking, it's not like she doesn't want to support her roommate but she's really just tired.

When they got inside, Dahyun immediately clings to Sana who's waiting at her at the opening while Mina is watching and supporting Chaeyoung who's having an interview and opening remarks on the stage.

Jeongyeon was left alone again as look around, seeing Chaeyoung's beautiful pieces of art that is neatly placed around the auditorium, Jeongyeon's curiosity led her by walking around, looking at each Chaeyoung's artwork, indeed the kid is extremely talented and smart. No wonder Mina fall for her.

She stopped walking to look at the large painting in front of her, it was Mina, Chaeyoung painted her girlfriend Mina.

The name of the painting was “The Black Swan”.

‘It was fascinating.’ Jeongyeon thought while she admires her bestfriend a lot for making a painting like this.

She suddenly felt someone walked passed at her before standing beside her, looking at the painting. When she turned on her side, she was surprised.

It was Nayeon, live and flesh and guts, though she doesn't look really well with her eyes swollen and it's the first time Jeongyeon saw her wearing a hoodie since the girl she knows likes to wear summer clothes or girly clothes a lot.

“It's beautiful isn't it?” Nayeon said without looking at Jeongyeon as she snaps Jeongyeon out in reality.

“Yeah, Chaeyoung is really talented.” Jeongyeon answered.

The silence between them quickly develops, it was awkward between them. It's like it's their first time meeting each other like they're scared to talk to each other.

Jeongyeon on the other hand, feels like she wanted to hug Nayeon, to slap her shoulder, to kiss her again, she was yearning for Nayeon's touch and attention but she can't, she was awkward around her.

Minutes of awkwardly standing in front of the painting, Nayeon left without saying something Jeongyeon.

She just left, leaving Jeongyeon alone again.