Chapter Four: Deal

Chapter Four: Deal

“Hey! Are you seriously out of your mind? What is that?! Who are they and why did you tell them that you're my girlfriend, aren't you too old to pull some dumb kid prank?” Nayeon irritatedly said while following Jeongyeon who doesn't give a care about her questions and just holding her hand to make Nayeon follow her.

“If you don't answer my questions then. . . Then I'll scream and say you're kidnapping me!” Nayeon raised her voice as Jeongyeon stop walking, turning around at Nayeon and crossing her arm.

“What do you want?” Jeongyeon asks with a serious tone lingered in her voice.

“I want you to answer my questions, we barely know each other!” Nayeon messed her hair in frustration. Who in the world will go to act normal when some random person you met for like thirty minutes claimed you as her girlfriend in a convenience store?

Of course, it's not going to be Nayeon, although she felt a familiar feeling in her stomach she set it aside first because Jeongyeon who's with an unreadable expression suddenly pulled her out in the convenience store without consent.

For Jeongyeon, she really didn't mean her act earlier, she also have no idea why did she do that— to cling like a monkey to a stranger because she has never ever done that with her friends or someone else, it felt so wrong but felt so right.

“I will but im asking you first, what do you want? The flavors?” Jeongyeon points in her left side which made Nayeon look. It was an ice cream shop and Jeongyeon brought her here. Nayeon completely thought Jeongyeon will dump her randomly in the middle of the street but it was the opposite of what Jeongyeon did.

“Strawberry cheesecake, you?”

“You and my sister have the same taste and it's disgusting, I'll have the chocolate mint.”

“Really? It tastes like toothpaste just so you know. It doesn't taste good!” Nayeon protests but Jeongyeon just glared at her.

“If you don't like my chocolate mint then leave.”

Of course, Nayeon stayed.

After a minute of ordering and getting their own ice cream, they both sat down on the bench in front of the ice cream shop, savoring the taste of their own ice cream while staring at the busy streets of Seoul (Though Nayeon has been staring and examine Jeongyeon's face like it's her new favorite view). The sunset is about to set down and the beautiful moon will rise on the horizon.

“About what happened earlier, im sorry.” Jeongyeon talked first, scratching her nape and looking away at Nayeon because she felt slightly uncomfortable with Nayeon staring at her for a long time.

“As you should, so why did you do that exactly? You know that I really don't like it when people pull off stunts like that with me. I still have my own reputation.” Nayeon took a bite in her cone before resting her arm on the bench, feeling comfortable.

“You— It's not like I have a crush on you or something, okay? I'm single, happily gay, and live well in my life. It's just I told my friends— which is them— that I have a girlfriend but. . . I really don't have any.”

Jeongyeon explained very well or more like stammering in front of Nayeon. Unfortunately for Nayeon, she has been laughing for a minute straight because of Jeongyeon again because it was some dumb idea and Jeongyeon can't help but chuckle, seeing Nayeon smile like that make her soft but she reminds herself that she's just a stranger she met an hour ago.

“Look, that some stupid idea Jeongie. If I were you, you should've said no! And now your two friends are really intrigued meeting me again like im a once in a blue moon unicorn that they'll ever meet, you're stupid.” Nayeon wiped her happy tears in her eyes, holding in her stomach as she deeply sighs, trying to absorb all Jeongyeon's reasons.

“Well because I didn't have a choice! They have girlfriends and I don't, im sure if I say no they'll randomly set me up on a blind date and my two bestfriends will tease me for the rest of my life. And. . . And also im really jealous— but not because they have girlfriends! It's just they don't talk to me at all or open things up unlike before that they'll tell me what happened throughout their day plus it's really tired handling two couples in our own dorm, they're really loud and so annoying!” Jeongyeon pouts, taking the last bite of her ice cream before drinking some freshwater from a water bottle that she brought in the convenience store.

“Hmm, im trying to figure out this one. So you're saying you don't have a girlfriend and when you met me, you make me like your instant girlfriend, is that it?” Nayeon questioned her but she shrugs.

“No, you're not in my plan to be my fake girlfriend actually—”

“But now your friends know that im your girlfriend then. . .?” Nayeon cut Jeongyeon off.

“Then. . . wait are you agreeing to be my fake girlfriend?” Jeongyeon eyes widen, it was all of a sudden, and also someone just agreed with her dead-ass stupid idea. Nayeon smiles, showing her bunny teeth once again before nodding.

“But I have one condition. I only do this for fun and to spend some quality time to socialize since I, myself, doesn't really have friends— and I thought meeting you at the convenience store is a chance to have a new friend, turns out you're going to make me to fake dating you.” Nayeon teases her, slapping Jeongyeon's arm as Jeongyeon rolled her eyes.

“Okay fine, what is the condition exactly?” Jeongyeon asked as Nayeon leaned on her ears, whispering things. Her eyes widen looking at Nayeon like a deer caught in red light.

“No way.”

“Yes way, so deal or no deal? If you say no deal then no beautiful girlfriend who'll take care of you.” Nayeon proudly pointed at herself. “Which is me.”

Jeongyeon can't do anything about it. She is so desperate and Nayeon is the last chance she'll have, no one else.

‘Maybe it wasn't so bad’ Jeongyeon thought, so she deeply sigh as she ruffles Nayeon's hair, mumbling ‘Fine’ before standing on the bench, waiting for the other girl to stand up.