Chapter Seven: Clinic

Jeongyeon walks towards Nayeon worriedly, sitting beside her as she looks at Nayeon's face before looking down at her knee.

“It's swollen.” Jeongyeon mumbled and surely Nayeon heard it, she whimpered when she felt Jeongyeon poking it as she slaps her arms quickly enough to make Jeongyeon stands up from the bed.

“Hey! I was just looking at it.”

“Well stupid, it hurts! How about I'll sprain your knee and poke it repeatedly, huh huh huh? You're so dumb!” Nayeon rolled her eyes as she grab one of the pillow near in the headboard of the bed as she hit Jeongyeon with it.

For Jeongyeon, it doesn't hurt that much with hits and punches but she didn't like it when Nayeon becomes an annoying brat kid.

When Jeongyeon had enough, she grabs the pillow from Nayeon before throwing it away across the room, of course, the nurse scolds her for doing it, and because of that, the nurse got upset so she gave Jeongyeon the ice pack for her to apply at Nayeon's injured knee.

She was hesitant at first but she followed it anyways, sitting on a floor with Nayeon's dangling leg, she holds Nayeon's knee and placed the ice pack in her other hand.

“Can you act calm like for just a minute? It hurts so much, you're bad at taking care of someone because of your shivering hands.” Nayeon hissed in pain.

“How could I not shake? Do you know how cold this is?” Jeongyeon defended herself, she reaches up at Nayeon's face to place the ice pack on her cheeks, making Nayeon flinch and accidentally hit her elbow in the desk beside her, making Jeongyeon chuckled.

“Shut up.”

“Why are you here anyway? You do know that this is an Engineering department, right? Do you. . . study here? Because the guy earlier said that you're not from here, so?”

“I'm from the Psychology department.” Nayeon sigh and Jeongyeon looked at her, wanting to see if Nayeon's going to talk more.

“It's from another building, right?”

“Yeah, I was about to go to my classes but my roommate forgot her plates so I came back home to picked it up before going to school again to bring it to her, I was lost, okay? The buildings are like a maze to me and I thought this is the Architect department then I bump into someone and worst he have a coffee in his hand and the plates of my friends got soaked in the coffee. I'm doomed.” Nayeon giggles nervously as her phone rang, when she pulled it out it was drenched in coffee and she was lucky enough that the phone is still working perfectly fine.

She quickly placed it in her ear while she fidgets her finger, biting or tapping it on the bed as Jeongyeon silently observing the girl in front of her.

“Yeah. . . Hey, the plates that you told me earlier— I bump into someone and the plates. . . Yes, there was a drink and it got wet. . . I know I know im sorry. . . Yeah, I'm very sorry I'll promise I'll make it up to you next time, please? . . . Thank you so much you really are the greatest roommate I ever had. . . Thank you!. . . Alright, I love you~” As soon as the call ended, Nayeon laugh with relief laced in her voice as she grabs Jeongyeon to hug her in instant, the younger one was surprised for what the older one acted so she pulls away quickly with a barrier of awkwardness between them.

“You have a girlfriend?”

“No!” Jeongyeon was startled with Nayeon quickly defending herself, she was like a girl hiding a secret from her lover.

“Sorry! I got excited~ She didn't scold me.” Nayeon flashed her bunny smile as Jeongyeon chuckles.

“It is because it's your fault, you're really a clumsy bunny.”

“Huh?! Bunny is still acceptable but clumsy? No im not.” Nayeon pouts, crossing her arms like a kid as Jeongyeon shrugs it off, standing up.

“You should pay my kindness earlier! I helped you out there.”

“Oh so now you're a gold digger now? I thought you're my girlfriend?”

“Fake girlfriend for your information, come on I know you have money let's have lunch together.” Jeongyeon persuades Nayeon to come with her but Nayeon is acting like she's still thinking, placing her hand in her chin and looking up, pretending to think.

“Huh. . . I don't know. . . Maybe—”

“Fine, it's okay if you don't want it.” Jeongyeon said in defeat making Nayeon laugh and ruffles her hair.

“I'm just kidding! You just looked like you're kind of a short-tempered woman which proven my point today, just let me rest for a bit so we can grab some lunch together.” Nayeon teased her as she plops herself in the bed, not minding Jeongyeon on her side who's glaring at her.

Jeongyeon: How's your knee?

Granny: Hurts a lot but I feel better.
(´∩。• ᵕ •。∩')

Jeongyeon: Okay.

Jeongyeon: Thanks for the delicious treat, maybe I'll make you my real girlfriend if you always treat me lunch <3

Granny: Fuck off ./.

Jeongyeon: You love me anyway ; )

Granny: Who said I love you? I just need you for our experiment :p

Jeongyeon: ./.