Only a Week

Kody has been home for only a few days and Scott is developing circles under his eyes as the co-star of raccoon the musical. Alex and Ariel are loving watching Kody as their little brother.

Scott's POV

Kody was a happy, healthy little boy who loved to lay on his play mat and stare at the ceiling, not a very pretty image but he's exploring his new home. Sometimes I put him in his baby bjorn and made lunch for Alex and Ariel, he likes to be close to my chest, I guess the sound of a heartbeat can be pretty relaxing. He passes out almost every single time.

That night I had woken up to change his diaper and no matter what I did, either giving him a bottle or changing his clothes to something cooler, he still cried. Finally I started singing "Run to You" and he went into a sleeping coma from my voice. I laid him on my chest and started patting his butt to the rythym of my heart.

At 8am, I heard a knock on the door I looked through the view-finder to see Kirstie standing on the porch, I opened the door, half alseep, "Hi Kirstie, what's up?" She giggled, "Hi Scotty, I brought you a iced grande soy latte." I let out a small cry and led her inside, "You are allowed in, my mistress."

She shook her head and reached out for Kody, "Give me that baby and go grab your coffee." She took Kody from me as I nearly chugged my starbucks. The smell of it called out Mitch's nose, "Thank you for coming over, but how did you know we would need this?" Kody whined as she answered, "I know you're first few nights with Alex and Ariel were hard. Plus I figured neither of you had made your daily starbucks run this week." I nodded looking at Kody "You're so right. He's been such a handful and there's only one of him."

She giggled and rocked him back and forth, "He's not such a bad little guy, huh. You're not to much of handful for your dads, right buddy?" Kody squealed back at her causing us all to laugh, "He is quite the talker, I'll give him that." I said, "How are you doing, Mitchy?" I grabbed Mitch's ass, "Ow, hey! Careful Scott I'm sore. I'm okay Kit." "You guy's want me to take over for a few hours?"

I looked at Mitch who nodded, "Only if you don't mind." She nodded, "Go back to bed, he's fine. If the twins wake up, I'll keep them out here and make some breakfast for them." Mitch went to give Kirstie a hug, "This is why I love you so much!" Scott and I threw our coffee cups away and went to take a power nap. Which wasn't really a good idea, because we both just had fresh coffee and we were wide awake anyway.

Mitch's POV

After Kirstie came over with our starbucks, Scott and I tried to go back to bed, but with so much caffine in our systems we couldn't. I rolled over to be eye to eye with my hubby, "Babe?" He muffled, "Ya?" "Can you hear him whining?" Scott and I stop talking, "No." "I can hear him fussing. I'm gonna go out there."

While I was getting up Scott grabbed my arm, "Mitch? Kirstie said that she would take the night shift, so that we could get some sleep. Now please come back to bed." I grunted, "Scott, I feel bad leavng him out there with her. Let me go." Scott released my arm and passed out.

I opened up my door to see Kirstie walking from my kitchen holding a bottle and rocking back and forth with Kody on her shoulder. She looked over at me as I walked into the light, "Oh you scared me! Did he wake you?" "No, I'm used to hearing to him cry. Here let me take him."

I reached out for my baby, he fussed until I gave him his bottle. "I don't know how you and Scott do it." I smiled, "How do we do what?" "How do you guys take care of three kids and still have time for us." I ran my fingers over Kody's forehead, "I just take it day by day."

She pursed her lips, "What is it like to carry a baby?" My eyes quickly shot up to Kirstie, "Well, what do you want to know?" She paused, "Does it hurt to have a baby sitting there on your pelvis, for 9 months?" "No, your body starts to get used to the weight of a growing baby." She turned her head in agrrement. "What do the contractions feel like?"