Ch. 13 - Expanding View

A/N: 3 weeks after the loss of one twin, Mitch is still kinda depressed. Scott knows the best thing for him is support and love.

Mitch's POV *4 Months and 3 Weeks*

I stepped out of the shower, as Scott came in to check on him, "Hey baby, I thought you were still asleep?" He grabbed his towel, 'Nope, I've only been up for like 15 minutes.'

He rubbed my belly in shock, "Wow, you're getting bigger everyday. Glad to see the baby is healthy." I turned away from him, 'Thanks babe! I love being called fat!' "I wasn't calling you fat, the baby just doesn't want you to see your feet anymore."

Scott leaned down to say good morning to the baby. I moved towards the sink to brush my teeth, Scott sat back on his legs "Hey! Can't you see I'm having a meaningful conversation with my child?"

I moved around him, heading to sit on the bed, 'Yeah, but I need to get dressed, we have to get groceries today.'

He groaned, "Ugh that was today? The doctor said you need to rest." I sighed, 'I've rested enough! We need food in the house to keep us all healthy. Incluidng this little one.' I rubbed my belly and stood in front of my closet, looking back and forth.

"When is your due date?"  'Um, August 24th, Only 21 weeks to go.'  "Only few more months and we'll have another little baby running around."

I put on a baggy sweater and turned side to side in front of my mirror, 'Babe, what do you think?' "It looks nice."  "Maybe it will hide my belly. I mean it's oversized. Probably won't do much, at the rate I'm expanding.'

Scott put his hands around my waist, "Come on Mitch you look great. I like this sweater on you." I pushed him away from me, 'Thanks! Can you go wake up the kids.'

He kissed the back of my neck and wrapped me in a hug from behind, "Yeah. You want breakfast real quick?" 'Ohh yeah, eggs please?' Scott nodded his head, "Oh man that's sounds so good. Hey Alex; Ariel!"

I tried to put on my pants. Didn't fit. 'Of course! I can't look cute in my skinny jeans anymore. Thanks to you. Owwwww!' The baby kicked my spine and Scott came running in, "What's wrong?" '

False alarm, I got mad because I can't button my skinny jeans with this belly, and the baby kicked me, which really hurt.' He giggled and placed his hand on my thrashing bump.

Scott's POV

I walked out of our room, to wake up the twins. I heard Mitch yell in pain and sprinted across the apartment to see if he was okay.

'Whats wrong?' He told me he yelled at the baby and it fought back. 'Awe that's my baby.'

Mitch pushed me away, "It's our baby, and I didn't mean to yell at you." He looked down at his belly and I placed my hand over it. I couldn't keep my hands off his bump.

'I wish I was pregnant again. I loved being pregnant, but I love the twins now more than ever.' Ariel came running into our room, Mitch picked her up and placed her on his hip, "Good Morning, my love. Did you sleep okay?"

She rubbed her eyes and tried to run her fingers through her notted hair, "Yeah, Alex is being lazy though."

Mitch walked toward Alex's bedroom, "Alexander Hayden, you need to wake up." He didn't move. Mitch put Ariel down and grabbed Alex by shoulders, "Come on buddy, time to start the day." He cuddled up to Mitch's chest and started dozing off. Mitch pulled him away from his chest and swung his legs off the bed.

"Why!" Alex protested, struggling to get back to his bed. I grabbed him and put his head on my shoulder, 'Come on, Bubba. We are going grocery shopping today.'

I sat him on the couch and turned on Spongebob. Ariel was glued to the tv and Alex just there, with the cutest grogy look to his face. I pulled out my phone to take a picture, but he threw his head onto the cushion and whined. "No pictures!" He whined muffled in the pillow.

I grabbed their clothes from the dresser and started to dress Ariel, 'Come on bubba, I wants you guys to match for once.' Alex didn't like getting dressed, he got his laziness from me.

After I put blue, tutu pants and a frozen disney shirt on her, I got up on the couch to grab Alex. He ran to Scott protesting, "Why do I have to get dressed? You and papa got to the store in your jammies all the time!"

Mitch and I burst into laughter, Mitch grabbed his belly while rolling on the floor. But I was quick to reply, "Bubba, you can't go in your jammies all the time. What if daddy puts on your clothes?" He agreed and took off his jammies.

*In the parking garage of their apartment*

We got to the car as I put Alex in his carseat, 'Okay you guys ready?' Alex had his arms crossed over his chest, "No!" I sighed and got into the car. I grabbed for Mitch's hand. We had to drive about 15 minutes to the store, "Ugh I hate traffic! Why does L.A. have some much traffic, its sunday for crying out loud!" 'It will clear by the time we leave the store.'

Once we made it to the store, I grabbed one of those car shopping carts. Alex was very excited to get into that. We walked around the store for a hour, our cart wasn't even a halway full.

Mitch had his hands clasped underneath his huge belly to take pressure of his back, "Are we almost done?" I wrapped my arm around his tiny waist, 'Do you wanna go to the car, with Alex? He already fell asleep?'

Mitch's POV

I picked up Alex from the cart and stradled his legs around my belly. I kissed Scott and grabbed for his keys, he kept kissing me and holding me tighter, 'Let go! I'm gonna beat you up.'

"Yeah? I'd like to see you try!" I slapped his ass and headed to the car with my sleeping baby on my shoulder. I could feel my baby, inside, getting uncomfortable with the fact her brother was right on top of her head.

I put Alex in the car and turned on the air conditioning. I sat in the passenger seat, looking at twitter. Scott came out with Ariel driving her car and squealing as Scott sped through the parking lot to our car. He put the groceries in the back and got Ariel settled in her carseat.

A/N: Okay so I realized I kinda spitballed around this entire chapter. DON'T FRET! I have better Ideas for chapter 14. Please Vote Comment and Share so your friends can obsess the same way I do.