Ch. 14 - It's A.........

One week later, Mitch and Scott made an appointment to find out the sex of the baby.

*5 months*

Scott's POV

I woke up the kids before I woke up Mitch. I opened the door to our bedroom, Mitch was laying on his side with one hand resting on his bump.

I crawled onto the bed, being careful not to wake my sleeping beauty. I kissed him from the top of his head to his neck, 'Good Morning baby.'

He answered in a grogy tone, "Good morning my love." 'Are you ready to find out what we're having?' He smiled, "Oh my gosh we're having a baby!? I had no idea!" He grinned and giggled.

'We have our OB appointment today. We get to find out the sex of the baby.'

He sat up and swung his legs off the bed "I know, I'm so ready to find out what we're having. Who is watching the twins? Or are they coming with us?"

I scooted closer to the edge of the bed, placing my hand gently on Mitch's belly 'Uh, they can come with us. They've never seen an ultrasound before and they get to see the baby too.'

He nodded "Sounds great, what should I wear today?" Looking at his closet, he thumbed through his sweaters, "Ugh! none of these fit me anymore!" He slumped down on his butt, sobbing,"Why do I have to get so fat?"

I sat next to him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders, 'You're not fat, baby. It's called Baby Phat, P-H-A-T, Perfectly hot and tempting.' He smiled with tears rolling down his face, "You're so nice, I love you."

He struggled to stand up. Rolling from one side to the other trying to get to his feet, finally he reached his hands out for help, "I can't stand up with this belly! Grab my hands."

I wrapped both of his hands around one arm and used the other arm to grab around his back, 'I got'cha.' He sighed as he stood up arching his back, "Thank you. Well I guess sitting on the floor is a no-go."

After Mitch got dressed and fixed his hair, I put Alex's and Ariel's jackets on and waited at the front door for Mitch. 'Babe? Are you coming? We're gonna be late.'

He came into the living room, wearing a button down, two sizes too big for him and a nice pair of skinny maternity jeans, "I'm here! Let's go." Alex grabbed Mitch's hand, "I wanna walk with papa." "Okay bubba, give me your hand." He placed his tiny hand in Mitch's and walked downstairs to the car.

Mitch put him in his carseat and buckled him in, I did the same with Ariel. I went over to Mitch's side to help him into the car, "God, these bucket seats are the worst! We need a different car." I helped him sit down and buckled him up, 'I know I'm trying to save up for a newer car. I'm gonna trade this hunk of junk in for a better car, don't you worry.'

Mitch's POV

We made it to the hospital, 30 minutes before our appointment. 'Babe can you help me get up?' Scott got out of the driver's seat and ran over to help me stand up from my seat, "I got'cha, again!"

He put his hands around my waist, "You gonna be okay to walk?" I straightened my back, 'Yeah, my feet are a little swollen, but I'm alright. I can't wait to find out what we're having?" Scott agreed and pulled out the double stroller we had, from the trunk.

We got to the front desk and checked in for our appointment, "Good Morning, How can I help you today?" The receptionist asked.

'Hi, My name is Mitch Grassi. I'm here for a 10:30 appointment with Dr. Cartwright.'

She typed my name into her computer, "Ahh Mitch Grassi, right this way, the doctor told me you'd be coming in today. How are you feeling?"

She asked as she lead us back to an exam room, 'I'm fine. A little sore, a little swollen around this area.' Motioning to my belly. She laughed and checked my vitals. "Vitals look good, I'll let Dr. Cartwright know you're here." 'Okay, thank you.'