Chapter Twenty: Lies

Bakugo kept looking at the bruise forming on the back of Elvira's neck after they both got out of the shower, he tried to remember if he was too rough with her last night. When he asked her about it, she didn't know either but she said it didn't hurt that much. He frowned as he watched Elvira dry off her hair and felt terrible if he caused it. Elvira only reassured him that he was worrying too much and that she was alright. Bakugo walked around the room to gather up his hero gear. He let out a sigh of frustration before sitting back down on his bed. Using a towel to dry his hair and looked over at Elvira who wrapped a towel around her body. He slipped a pair of boxers on and his pants from his hero costume. As he was messing with his pants he walked to the kitchen to grab something from the fridge. With a quick drink of a protein shake, he headed back to the room. Elvira was looking through the bags that Bakugo packed, taking out little things here and there. He watched her take out a few pieces of makeup, lotion, and perfume.

He looked out of the corner of his good eye and Elvira was rubbing lotion on her body with a soft hum. She walked over to the bathroom to apply some makeup while Bakugo continued to get ready. He slipped his shirt over his body and tucked the ends into his pants before he put his belt on.

"I'm sorry if I just crammed things in there. I was in a hurry to get you out of the house." Bakugo apologized as he grabbed his gloves to put them on his arms.

"No, it's alright," she said as she applied mascara to her lashes.

Bakugo quickly went into one of her bags to fish out a pair of panties and a bra for her. She was finishing up her usual makeup and took the panties and bra from him. She kissed him on the cheek before she started to get dressed.

Bakugo looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes to take a deep breath. "Are you sure you want to go back to the house? It's only for your car right?"

"Yes, Katsuki, that's all I need to go back for. I promise."

"Once you get done we'll go, okay?" Bakugo walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead. "Did you want anything to eat?"

"I'll pick up something after you drop me off. Don't worry about me, Katsuki." She said as she clipped the back of her bra.

"It's my job." he flicked her forehead with a scoff.

Elvira rubbed her forehead with a giggle before she looked back into the duffle bag for a blouse and a pair of skinny jeans. He watched her step into her jeans and pull them up. He bit his bottom lip as he watched her and she caught him out of the corner of her eye. She gave him a smirk before bending over to grab out a pair of heels from the back.

Fucking little tease.

Once they were dressed and ready to go, Bakugo gathered up the rest of her hero gear before opening up the front door. Elvira was coming out the bedroom door, she was adjusting her black blouse and putting her purse on her arm. He made her check if she had everything she needed before he let her pass. They walked out of the apartment together and he took her down to the parking lot in his car. He held out the passenger door for her to step inside and shut the door once she sat down. He moved around to put his gauntlets in the backseat and quickly moved to the driver's side. He got in with a grunt before shoving the keys into the ignition. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and his face looked all black and blue.

Well, at least I wear a mask over half of my face.

"How long will your patrol be?" Elvira asked as Bakugo started the car.

"A couple of hours give or take. Do you work today at all?"

"No, I don't but I need to call in. I need to let Midnight know what's going on." Elvira sighed. "I'll do that once I get to my parent's house."