Chapter Four: Distraction

Bakugo looked at his reflection in the mirror while changing into his workout clothes. He rubbed his finger against the lashing marks on his chest from the horse crop whip. He let out a grunt from the slight burn. It's been a few days since he had that night with Elvira and the whip lashing on his chest was still healing. So far it had looked like they weren't going to leave a scar or anything. It still hurt to touch but he tried his best to ignore it because it was at the end worth it. With a grunt, he quickly covered himself with his tank top and stuffed his things into a locker. He glanced over at Kirishima that brought him to the gym and he was messing with his headphones that were tangled up. Bakugo slipped his phone into his pocket along with his headphones with a sigh. Kirishima looked up at him with a smirk before he put his personal belongings in his locker. They both walked out of the locker room and upstairs to the weight room. The clanging of the weights at the gym makes Bakugo snap out of deep thought. He looked over to see Kirishima walking to the bench press. He raised an eyebrow at Bakugo before sitting down on the bench.

"Dude, you seem super distracted today. You alright?" he asked as he placed the towel down with his water.

"Yeah. I'm totally fine." Bakugo rolled his eyes with a grunt. "I just had a long night."

    "Alright, man. Don't be too distracted. I don't want you to hurt yourself on the equipment." Kirishima chuckled as he started his set on the bench press.

    Bakugo stood at Kirishima's head as he stood guard when he counted his set. Kirishima pumped the weight with a few grunts until he lifted it from Bakugo to move his hands under it to place it back on the mount. He slapped Bakugo's hand so he could tag in a few sets for himself. Bakugo swapped places with Kirishima and he laid down on the bench before placing his hand on the bar. He started to grunt as he pumped the weight up and down as he counted in his head. His arms pushed against the weight, making his body pump with fire from the burn of the workout. Kirishima encouraged him as he pushed through his set until he placed the weight back on the mouth.

    With a loud grunt, Bakugo lifted his shirt and wiped his face with it with a groan.

    "Dude, what's that all over your chest?" Kirishima pointed at the healing welts of the crop whip on his chest.

    Shit.

    "It's nothing, dumbass. Go back to your workout." Bakugo was flustered as he pulled down his shirt completely flustered.

    He slipped his headphones into his ears before leaving Kirishima for his workout. Bakugo looked back at the large mirror in front of him. He walked over to the smaller weights on the rack and picked out a set suited for him. He lifted both in his arms while counting in his head. The music from his headphones pushed him through his set and he set down the weights before shaking his arms with a grunt.

    His mind was wandering all day and it was starting to piss him off. Every time he tries to think of anything other than the other night, he gets completely distracted. He bit his lip in frustration before moving across the room to the treadmills. He started up the machine as he stepped on it, he placed his water bottle on the holder with a sigh.

Bakugo just wanted to get through his workout and go back home for a nap. Maybe that would help ease his wandering mind but until then he needed to focus. After a while of being on the treadmill, he amp up the speed only slightly so he could run.

    He looked up as he ran on the treadmill and his heart skipped a beat as he saw Elvira in the distance. She was in a pair of yoga shorts and a sports bra all in black. She was making her way to the locker room as she was wrapping her hair into a high ponytail. Kirishima nudged Bakugo on the arm when he stepped onto the treadmill next to him, nearly making Bakugo trip.