chapter 5

Jaebum could feel the second his pills worn off, he cursed under his breath, the effect of pills decreased an hour again! His senses suddenly sharpened, the underlying scents of his members hitting him, almost assaulting him. He stumbled out of his room in urgency, making his way to the bathroom. He was sweating profusely, body heating up and his scent haywire- he just hopes his scent isn’t strong enough to attract neighbor’s attention. Shit, he needed to calm down before he pops a pill. His scent was spreading too fast and he knew they were gonna leave traces in the dorm- damn everything to hell!

He took a struggling breath, trying to calm his nerves, gain control over his omega- his body was shaking but at least he wasn’t panicking. He got out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen to quickly grab some water, juices, and salty snacks, they helped him. It was because he was trying hard to keep his senses locked out that he missed the door opening downstairs and cautious steps climbing up. His attention snapped only when he heard a menacing growl behind him.

It felt like his world stopped, he couldn’t bring himself to turn- terrified. His shaking got worse, as his omega reacted wildly to the alpha present.

“Hyung” He heard a snarl, he didn’t turn- frozen on the ground, body feeling too heavy to move. The alpha wasn’t happy at his disobedience as he called out again. He closed his eyes shut, feeling the rage surging in the approaching alpha. And then he was trapped between the counter and the alpha who sprung behind him, flush against his back.

He almost thought the alpha was gonna attack him (and he will beat himself for even thinking that) but he felt nuzzling on his neck, the alpha scenting him- taking in his scent, as if trying to determine his position in their pseudo pack- or if he was an outsider to his wolf.

“Y-you’re an omega, hyung?” Yugyeom’s rough voice vibrated throughout his body, making him shiver for something more, he tried to bite back his whimper.

“Y-Yug…” The weight was gone from behind him- the disappointment that washed over him startled Jaebum. God, he was so pathetic.

“You lied.” The maknae’s eyes hardened, lips pursed in a tight line looking like he was struggling to keep himself in check. His hands gripped the opposite counter, knuckles turning white as he waited for an answer, an explanation- something.

“I-” Jaebum swallowed, what was he supposed to say? He spent years orchestrating how the scenario will go, how will he confess but now it feels as if the words have left him alone. “I didn’t m-mean to-” he bit his lips harshly, the urge to run away banging loudly in his head.

“How long?” The alpha’s eyes flashed red, emitting anger, and… hurt.

“Its… it’s been awhile” How was he able to have a coherent conversation, he wasn’t sure, because the ringing of a wailing omega inside him and legs shivering with this confrontation was making him hazy.

“You were never gonna tell us? Do we mean nothing to you? That you felt the need to hide… it? Do you not wish to bond? You- you were an omega- we were searching for one all our life!” Jaebum backed away or tried to before he was stopped by the kitchen counter behind him. He was going to approach Yugyeom but when the alpha glowered at him, he stopped advancing.

“No! Y-You all are the closest thing to family I have, Yug, I swear… please- please let me explain” he begged, hating the way pain was reflecting in his burning eyes, Jaebum never meant to hurt him.

“Then explain” The cold words shocked Jaebum, not that it wasn’t deserved. Yugyeom, even though he was the youngest, the alpha was very close to him. He was fond of the maknae, saw him as a pup when he presented as an omega at twenty age. Yugyeom was sixteen, not presented and a little lost, innocent to the life of an idol, unaware of the darkness lurking in this industry. It was then Jaebum made a promise to always be there for the pup, now even as an alpha, Jaebum has a soft spot for this man. That’s why it was even more painful to hear the coldness in Yugyeom’s voice as if he has let him down-