chapter 21

excited! I really hope y'all like it <3

When Jinyoung left that night, high on anger- well, it looked like anger but it was absolute misery and hurt, he didn't plan on staying away for so long. He just wanted to clear his head so he wouldn't make any rash actions. He is well aware of the infamous tendencies of alphas and how they get when aggravated, he is a prime example of that. Yugyeom had valid reasons to lose control, they still didn't know how Bambam's wolf worked accurately, Mark was the wise one and Jackson was the laid back one, Youngjae the calm one and- he is the 'controlled' one- but Mark and Jackson know it's all an act. While Jinyoung looked like he could care less, cold and distant, he was pretty hot-headed when it came to Jaebum and their pack. In the aspect of idol life, Jinyoung was the epitome of professionalism, never once lost control to his alpha inside but when it came to pack, there were countless times.

When it came to Jaebum, his emotions haywires and his alpha growls at him in anger, to take and take and take, and leave nothing behind. Jaebum was a beta. But he figured these feelings were already there before their representation, might have grown stronger as he presented as an alpha. Still, it was hard to understand, reacting to Jaebum like he was his, theirs. He was, in a way, as a part of the pack- but the feelings were more feral, possessive and he wasn't the only one. It confused him to no end. Maybe because they lacked omega in their pseudo pack that is why it was taking a toll on them.

That's what they thought.

But then Jaebum revealed he was an omega, omega. Jinyoung lost it. He felt his world crumbling down, collapsing under a storm he never expected to come- because that means Jaebum had always been omega, Jaebum had always been someone he could have, he could mate, Jaebum had always been the important piece to complete their circle-

But... but he didn't want to. He didn't. And Jinyoung couldn't bear that knowledge, couldn't process it without losing to his animal side, without destroying everything around him. He felt too much for Jaebum, always had, and with this knowledge came a bitter rejection.

Jaebum rejected them.

He didn't want them.

He'd rather pretend than become their omega.

Why?

Were they not good enough?

His legs slumped down, finding himself in a park where they frequented, where he had unconsciously walked to. It was dangerous. He shouldn't be out here, especially with how less of control he was in, but he couldn't bring himself to go back.

Jaebum would be there.

Jinyoung was livid, he had wanted to march to the omega and demand the truth, and then do some despicable things, he wished to punish, he wished to devour- it was becoming a jumbled mess, leaving him to become exhausted under the unbecoming thoughts. He was fuming. He struggled to restrain the raging wolf that was forcing its way out due to the imbalance in his emotions. He took the pill that hid inside the back pocket, if he didn't keep a check on his pheromones, it will definitely attract some bad attention. He felt helpless.

But even if it was true, even if Jaebum didn't want him, want them, what could they do? They would never be able to chase him out or force him, they were helpless against him, and... Jinyoung sighed, head throbbing- he hated taking pills, it messed up his body and made him feel jittery. Since he had control outside of their dorm, he barely took any.

The resignation swam in the air, infuriating his alpha, but Jinyoung held on- he will not make any headline. He just wanted to go home.

It was a bittersweet illusion when he heard that honey voice calling out his name- was he so far gone that he was hallucinating Jaebum? But no he wasn't. Jaebum was truly here- by the looks of it, searching for him all over the place. His wolf purred in satisfaction but Jinyoung couldn't keep up with this pace. He felt angry, hurt, broken- and then defeated. It must be his fault-

"let's go home, 'nyoungie, I will tell you everything"

Can he deny him anything? No, Jinyoung could not.

The walk back to the dorm was... silent. Jinyoung needed a bit more time to calm down, and a long walk seemed like a perfect solution when the alpha was adamant about not letting him go. He could've asked Arthur to drive them back but Jaebum was also a bit scared to go back where everyone was waiting. Will he be able to clarify? Will they forgive him? Will it really be okay? What will he say? How will he say? All these questions kept lowering his spirit. His mobile pinged.

Hyung, where the hell are you?

Yugyeom's message made him realized how long they were out, idle and basking in each other's presence. It was around five-thirty when Jaebum found the alpha, and right now, the time on his mobile showed 8:35 pm. He didn't know how crazily fast these hours went by, he looked down at their joined hands- well, at least Jinyoung was better than before. He was worried about his best friend because while he had an idea about other's reactions, he knew Jinyoung's would be the most volatile. One catastrophe avoided. Maybe.

"What are you musing about?"

"Oh-ah- everyone's in the dorm now"

"Right, Youngjae and Bambam went to his house" He squeezed Jaebum's hand "It will be... okay"

"I'd hope so too" Jaebum gulped, nervous about the confrontation, he wasn't expecting them to forgive him, obviously but the thought of not being able to have their forgiveness terrified him. He doesn't want to be greedy. Jinyoung squeezed his hand in assurance, his pheromones silent and restrained, not letting Jaebum read what the alpha was feeling.

Jaebum sighed, the real confrontation is ahead.

He is fucking scared.

~*~

"Oh, I think they are here" Yugyeom grinned in the face of not-so-happy alphas. And a beta. They apologized profusely for leaving him alone and going on their merry way. It wasn't until Yugyeom finally outed the real reason for calling them, Mark was the one who cornered him and suspected the motive as the alpha knew Yugyeom wasn't the type to emotionally blackmail people. They were furious at him, pheromones bitter and raging. But Yugyeom didn't falter, they were dying to know about Jaebum just as much as him, plus he was an original who recently was in a hospital- they wouldn't take a chance. And Jinyoung is usually the one to challenge if he feels insulted.

The door opened, two members coming inside quietly. All of the others were waiting in the hall room, perched on the sofa and couches, restless and hurt and frustrated. Yugyeom eyed him curiously, why couldn't he smell his omega's scent? He knew Jaebum didn't take pills- ah, the neutralizing patches. They must have bought it on the way home. It was a wise decision, revealing an enticing scent to a starving pack of wolves is not a good idea. Yugyeom approached him, even without the scent he was able to realize Jaebum was under stress. Jinyoung nodded at him and went ahead to sit on the empty spot beside Youngjae. The alpha was calmed down it seems, though not entirely forgiving like Yugyeom. They will get there.

"You okay?" he whispered quietly, aware that others had heard him "do you wanna continue?"

"It was overdue... anyway" Jaebum tried to smile, but the wet eyes were a dead giveaway. Yugyeom snaked his hand around Jaebum's waist, pulling him a tad bit closer, letting his scent settle over Jaebum in a comforting manner, he could feel Jaebum relaxing a little. "Let's do this" Jaebum breathed, Yugyeom wanted to laugh, Jaebum's body was saying the complete opposite, he was only inches behind from running away in fear. The original smiled lightly, then walked to the loveseat in front of the sofa that he purposely put for the confrontation. He wanted to make sure Jaebum was alright throughout the confession and to protect him if things go awry, though he trusts his pseudo-pack enough to know that won't happen. It was pretty obvious they had a lot of questions, a lot. But they were prevented by the unrelenting emotions swirling in their eyes.