chapter 17

Jaebum felt too much warmth around him, like a furnace and he realized his body was sweating. He groggily opened his eyes as the discomfort increased and everything felt too hot. He registered he was on the bed even though he fell asleep (read: kinda fainted) on the floor, specifically, on Yugyeom’s fur-

Wait a minute.

His eyes widened and he tried to sit up straight but the hands around his waist restricted the movement. Jaebum was pulled back in the embrace, hold tightening and a sigh of relief was heard. He struggled to turn around, just to see Yugyeom’s face. After a bit of effort, he was able to see Yugyeom’s sleeping calm face, mouth slightly opened and looking too innocent.

Somewhere in the middle of the night, Yugyeom turned back into his human form and carried him to the bed. His senses felt more alive, he could feel Yugyeom’s scent all over him, not just blending but becoming one with his own scent. It was relaxing. He looked around for a clock to check the time as his cellphone was probably sitting in some corner. The clock on the faraway wall showed it was ten in the morning. Good thing it was Sunday, aside from cleaners and building staff, no other employees come since it was break time.

He laid there for a while, everything coming back to him slowly, he saw Yugyeom’s wolf form and cuddled it. That was definitely a bragging right, he smirked, the members would be so j-

Members.

Jaebum gulped, remembering the bomb he dropped yesterday, and ran from there like a coward he always knew he was. Shit. How did they react? How were they? Did they take it too hard? Was anyone expecting it? Did they care? Jaebum bit his lips in nervousness, he was so bothersome goddamn it. Did he really need to mess up the whole dynamic? Peace of the group? Such a useless leader he was.

Before he can delve deeper into his usual overthinking routine, his cell rang, a distant melody of ‘page’ coming from somewhere near the door. He sighed before unwrapping Yugyeom’s hands from his body, it was a real struggle as even the strength of the sleeping original was too much for him. He managed to overcome the obstacle and stumbled out of the bed.

“Uh- yeah, I am alive” Jaebum answered.

“I know. I came to check on you both. Yugyeom was picking you up and dumping you on the bed, so I left without saying anything”

“Ah… I see”

“Yeah”

“How…” Jaebum paused, throat suddenly felt too dry to speak. Doctor Song waited for him to continue, knowing well what the omega wanted to know. “H-How are they? How-ah- how did they react?”

“You don’t wanna know”

“Oh. Oh, ah, umm- I see.” He held his breath, before giving in and asked another question “were they- were they mad?”

“Jaebummie” Oh okay, judging from the cautious tone, they were hella mad.

“I see”

“don’t- don’t panic, okay? Don’t jump to conclusions. You all need to talk it out before assuming anything. Alright, Jaebum?” Jaebum hummed, mind already jumping to a lot of possibilities and none of them made him feel better. “Jaebum, yes or no?”

“Ugh, yes, yes”

“Good, I am already in the building by the way. I was checking on Yugyeom’s state via the machine we left in that room. He is very stable, no signs of possible relapse, and his pheromones are not leaking out, as if snapped shut. It’s likely he will sleepy the whole day” She explained, chuckling at the end.