chapter 15

Nobody moved from the place they were the moment Jaebum left, frozen in shock at the revelation no one had ever expected to be told. Doctor Park and his nurses excused themselves from the enraged atmosphere, giving them alone time as suggested by Doctor Song. He was taken aback by the sudden turn of events but promised her that he wouldn’t spread the word about the situation. Though it will hardly matter since in a few days- or when they go out in public or maybe before that, the rumors will be out.

Deeming the only one fit enough to check upstairs on the original problem, Doctor Song approached the area with caution. She was surprised when the scent was just as strong but mixed with pleasant citrus, she didn’t hear any threatening growls or plea for help. Keeping her footsteps light, she peeked through the opened door, just to make sure Jaebum was in a good condition and Yugyeom was really okay now. The sight that met her shocked her, having never seen a transformed werewolf before, except in photographs and books. Somehow, the deed of transformation became private as time passed, preserved only for pack members or mate, also the fact that not many could transform in present time.

She waited for a while, at first just observing the duo, then she couldn’t stop the affection rushing in for the omega engulfed by the overgrown wolf in the room. Jaebum was a good man, the status doesn’t matter- never mattered- Jaebum was just an angel sent to earth, she decided. Unabashedly proud of her patient-slash-friend-slash-kid, she hurriedly left the premises to inform the not-so-calm alphas downstairs and usher them out since the day was ending and they needed to rest. It was unlikely they will be able to, but it’s worth a try.

“Alright, both of your members are perfectly fine. Thank god for that. I had expected so-” She stopped, mentally berating herself, she was gonna get them all killed if she slipped out how unsafe Jaebum’s decision was! How unprofessional. They looked at her expectantly, some with narrowed eyes at her panicked full stop. “I was pretty worried despite the assurance but surprisingly, Yugyeom is stable enough that he transformed into his wolf form and is resting rather than going on a rampage. With Jaebum snuggled on his body. I think it was a pretty big success.” She tried to smile but the atmosphere was too… aggressive to even attempt. For a few seconds, nobody spoke, not that they needed to because their scents answered very clearly.

“I-I see. Good. Uh- That’s good. His vitals?” Jackson took the lead, aside from Youngjae, he was the only one a bit calmer than the others.

“Stable. Actually, even better than usual. Jaebum did wonder on him- it’s- it’s amazing” Doctor Song was definitely awed by the whole situation, she had dealt with a few original related cases, and she knows well enough how difficult handling them is.

“You knew?” Bambam asked, eyes glowing yellow, his fangs coming out unconsciously, cutting his lips in the process- he didn’t even hiss in pain. Doctor Song gulped, knowing the beta can get just as bad as an alpha, another peculiar case in the group. But lies won’t take her anywhere.

“…Yes,”

“Damn it!” He barked, his wild pheromones that should have been used for comfort messing the place even more. She flinched, even though she was expecting this hurricane, they were scary. No one was in a good space, even Mark- the calmest alpha she knew had the look of animalistic anger barely contained, hurt hidden somewhere in those emotions. She is…not sure how Jaebum will survive this. She might need to pray for the omega.

“Wh-why did he lie?” Youngjae whispered with a broken voice, his teary eyes looking directly at Doctor Song, as if she had all the answers. She dropped her gaze, the unplaced guilt clawing at her, what could she say?

“That… that you will need to ask him, I am afraid” Doctor Song replied, the feeling of shame confusing her- she didn’t do anything wrong, yet she felt the opposite.

“Since when?” Jinyoung asked. His voice was void and his face blank, even his pheromones didn’t make a sound, the amount of control Jinyoung must be asserting on himself frightened her. She was worried mostly about him, being the closest to Jaebum, holder of each secret between them, the betrayal he must be feeling- she couldn’t comprehend but she did fear for her life as soon as his eyes locked on her, red bleeding in the browns.

“U-uh- he presented late”

when?” She almost took a step back at the ferocity in that one word, Jackson moved near the alpha, on stand-by if Jinyoung loses control. To think there would even be a need to worry about Jinyoung, finally, did she realized why Jaebum was putting off the revelation even after a few years of being an omega.

“twenty” she murmured quietly.

“five years… huh. We were just a bunch of wild herd for him, I suppose. Just members for the sake of GOT7. I see”

“J-J- give him a chance to explain at least- he didn’t do it on purpose”

“He hid it for five years. He didn’t do it on purpose?” The anger was palpable in the air, Jinyoung’s pheromones burst out, things around them shaking and she was pushed back on the wall.

“..n’young, it’s-”

“don’t” Jinyoung growled, not in the mood of being comforted, he needed to break some things, tear apart something. Mark pulled Jinyoung away from her as he was up in her space without realizing. They needed to clear their heads before even conversing. The wound’s too fresh and too deep for it to vaporize overnight. He just hopes Jaebum has a good explanation for this- or else- or else-

…huh… what could he really do? What could they really do? They loved Jaebum too much to let him go, a bit too much, and he fears they might lock him up, consume him without any conscience. He himself might lose his composure. Even he cannot be trusted yet.

“I need to leave” Bambam gritted out, his chair thrown on the floor, making a loud thudding sound. The beta left in outrage, eyes glowing yellow again as he stomped out without looking back.  

“I will… just… go after him” Youngjae sighed, lips thinning despite his efforts to smile reassuringly. Jackson nodded, Bambam couldn’t be left alone, he might harm himself in anger.

“Go home directly, okay?” He advised, making a scene outside while they were taking a break could be very bad PR, they needed to keep this under wrap, no matter the situation. Youngjae heard it but didn’t reply, making Jackson worry even more- the quiet alpha didn’t take things to heart but even when he did, he never showed, and that wasn’t a good thing. “This is a mess” he mumbled to himself.

It didn’t take even a minute before they get a message from Youngjae.

“Ah… Jackson? They are going to Youngjae’s hometown” Mark said as he typed a reply back.

 “That’s three hours away- they are gonna go there so late? Aish…” Jackson groaned, new situations keep piling up, how the hell is he supposed to get time to feel angry!? He looked towards Jinyoung, who seemed to stand rooted in the exact place with unbridled fury. While Yugyeom was an original, in most cases he would have been the pack alpha but he was also the youngest of the group, so everyone was unsure. The kid himself gave up his position, letting the other alphas have at it. After much discussion, it came to Jackson and Jinyoung- and they have yet to decide who will be the one amongst the both of them.

Of course, they never took it seriously, because they knew there wouldn’t be any pack without an omega, which they don’t have.

However, this changes everything.