chapter10

“Hey, hyung” Yugyeom greeted, smiling silly, his hand wrapping securely around Jaebum’s waist, pulling him close sneakily.

“Hi” Jaebum chuckled lightly, mindful of attracting any attention towards them. He could feel Yugyeom trying to pull him in his lap without alerting anyone. “Stop it” He whispered, finding it hard to concentrate on the said movie.

“I can’t” The alpha was grinning like he was just about to pull a prank. Jaebum sent him a scathing look in a warning which only resulted in a widening of the grin. The leader and the maknae were sharing one blanket, so when the stupidly daring alpha finally forced Jaebum into his lap, nobody noticed much except the rustling noises which were concealed with explosion sound from the telly.

“You are so dead” Jaebum tries to be stern but Yugyeom started nuzzling into his nape, lips working carelessly on the skin, making him sigh in pleasure. This really was unfair. Yugyeom didn’t waste any time in getting his hands inside his tee again, warm touch against his cold skin startled a gasp out of him, making the members look back. He gave them a weak smile, seeing exactly when they noticed Yugyeom being too touchy with him. The air turned sour again. He squirmed.

“Don’t wiggle your ass too much, hyung. Not that I mind.” That bastard!

“Oh I am gonna whoop you so bad, Yug, so bad” He gritted out, speaking very low to make sure he wasn’t audible to anyone except the huge asshole. He could almost swear the alpha was doing this on purpose, trying to rile them, to make them snap. Though he wasn’t sure why would he, what will he get from their reaction. It’s normal to feel territorial but it wasn’t exactly proving any point.

“Oh my, you wanna spar with me, hyung? Hmmm, the dirty talk is getting me-” Jaebum hit his thighs, as hard as he could, Yugyeom only groaned a little.

“Cold blood death, Yug, I swear” Yugyeom laughed in reply, thankfully syncing with a funny scene on the TV. Another two movies finish, and he is grateful Yugyeom doesn’t pull more daring stunts to antagonize them any further. Not that he needed to anyway, as Yugyeom’s black mop of hair was visible from behind his shoulder, head buried in the crook of his neck. The next movie starts, and Jaebum already feels like dozing off, feeling safe and relaxed surrounded not only by Yugyeom’s forest scent but the other member’s too, tingling and settling possessively on his skin. It’s Sherlock Holmes, Jaebum makes out the jail scene where John comes for Sherlock before the tingling wins and he is drifting to sleep.

Jaebum wakes up, disturbed from his peaceful sleep, by although light but definitely displeased murmuring, and wasn’t that just his whole life huh? He doesn’t really open his eyes, rather waited to listen to what the issue was before he adds his say. He is still in Yugyeom’s arms. Already a bad sign. Yugyeom must have felt him awake but didn’t give away, so it’s about him. Amazing. The room’s feel dark, TV still buzzing behind the voices, volume slowed, and what seems like a very serious discussion.

“So really, what is going on here? Because from what I see, this isn’t the usual scene.” That was Jackson.

“Nothing, seriously guys- what am I supposed to hi-”

“Bullshit” Ouch, he really should start giving them language lessons. “Something changed with our leader, albeit a better change, but it’s linked with you obviously. Don’t deny, Yugyoem. I may not be an original but I can sniff out lies” Bambam said, almost growled Jaebum could say but betas can’t do that- another exception with Bambam.

“You didn’t lose control when you held Jaebum-hyung” Jinyoung countered, the words spoken bitterly “It’s been three years since the last time you slipped. I keep the count. You have scented Jaebum, he is heavily doused with your scent, and it is intentional, Yug, I can tell.”

“And alpha never feels the urge to scent mark a beta that intensely. Unless he is involved.”

“Are you trying to imply something, hyung?” Yugyeom’s voice was calm- like calm before the storm type, and Jaebum knew this wasn’t heading in a good direction.

“That was obvious.”

“You’d know if I was involved, hyung

“I do not care if you’re an original, Kim Yugyeom, mock me again and I-”

“Jinyoung-hyung” Youngjae stopped him, voice gentle, unlike the alphas- or even beta here. “We just want to know what is going on, Yugyeom. That’s it. Hyung is opening up, which is something we have all waited impatiently for. But it is odd, weird for it to be so out of the blue. Not only that, have you seen you guys? You haven’t left Jaebum-hyung’s side these days. Your behavior has completely changed around him.”

“Well…”

“We all have certain feelings for him. But like us, you have kept it under control. Now? You parade it, your admiration, you are playful with him- it’s not even been that long, and delicate, delicate around Jaebum-hyung. How can there be any doubts?” What certain feelings are they even talking about? Jaebum wondered, is there something he is unaware of among his members?

He knew they would notice, he knew it. But why would Yugyeom listen? The idiot of alpha was so confident. There could be no denial here. A pack knows when the shift of behavior happens, it’s the same for every wolf.

“There is no doubt” Yugyeom answers. It takes everything in Jaebum to not react to the finality of his tone, on his confession, he was this close to smacking him hard on the head.

“So you… are… courting him?” Jackson asks.

“Oh not yet. It has to be proper.”

“You intend to-”

“With a beta? No.”

“What-”

“With Jaebum-hyung? Yes. I don’t care who he is, I have never, I like him and I want him. That is enough for me. Now he can be an alpha, beta, or omega, I like him because he is our leader, our Im Jaebum.”

If Jaebum got a little teary-eyed? He will shoot the person who points that out.

“And he is okay with it? Is that why all the change-”

“Yes, I told him. No that came later. His willingness to work with us, our pseudo pack came from himself, he really wishes to change his dynamic, become rather than just claim to be a part of ours.” Yugyeom replied casually as if he wasn’t talking about romancing someone. The room fell silent, taking in the answer and processing it. Nobody said anything for a few moments. Jaebum decided it was a good time to get up since it was unlikely Yugyeom would carry and throw him on a bed (that would be shameful too) and save some embarrassment- oh no. He was determined to embarrass Jaebum thoroughly.

“Uh hey, guys?” His voice was rough from sleep “Movies done?”

“Hey, hyung. Morning.” Youngjae teased, a bit tense but he was trying. Jaebum smiled at him.

“You guys should have woken me, I had few assignments from JYP and a report to write”

“The monthly pack analysis one?”

“Yep, that. Why are you all sitting in dark?” Ironic, he was keeping them in dark too.

“Talking. Uh- yeah.” Smooth, Jackson.

“Alright then, I will head ou-”

“Are you dating him?” Bambam blurted out. Jaebum froze in his stance, still in Yugyeom’s lap. He slid out awkwardly, sitting beside the alpha, having no idea what to reply to the beta.