Family Dinner (pt.1)

The first three months went by super fast. By the end, I could see the baby bump growing. And, at my last doctor's appointment, I was told to be a little more careful. Meaning, no more dancing until after the babies are born. I cried that day.

And, now, I'm honestly just not really doing much. I just had a gallon of pineapple juice, and now I'm working on the pickles that were never eaten. They don't really taste that good, but they're edible. So I'm eating them.

"You know those are hundreds of years old, right?" My sister asks as I finish them off. I nod my head. She sighs and looks in the fridge. It's still pretty full, but that's not gonna last long.

"Is Kaminari coming over today?" S/N asks as she looks through the kitchen for something to make for dinner. Even though it's only the middle of the day.

"Mmm..Yeah, he's gonna come over for dinner tonight...And so is mom." I say as I empty the pickle jar of its contents.

"Ok..wait." S/N whips her head around and continues, "Mom's coming?! Don't you remember the last time she was here?"

"Of course, but this time it's different. You know how much she loves family meals. So, I figured everyone could come, and so could dad. Since I invited him too." I set down the now empty jar, and get up. My baby bump is really easy to hide right now, but it's still noticeable. I walk to the kitchen so Morino and Kito don't hear the conversation we're about to have.

"No, it's always the same. It may appear different, but it will forever be the same." S/N replies, but I change my face to one of frustration.

Eventually, after enough convincing, my sister agreed to having our mother over for dinner. She did all of the cooking, making extra for me. I made sure the kids were ready, and taught them how to greet the family when they get here.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sorry I'm kinda late on publishing this. I know it's been a while, and I'm sorry. My life has been hectic this past month, and I make no promises about a schedule. It's really just whenever I have time to write. Love you all and Stay safe! <3