Their Engagement

We were given several congratulations from the people around us, and the manager of the restaurant decided to not only comp our food as a congratulations, but also give free dessert and sparkling cider. Denki and I enjoyed our meal with smiles glued to our faces the whole time.

After our meal we get back in the limo, my eyes glued to the big rock on my finger. I admired how the glimmer changed in the light from the restaurant to outside. The slight yellow glint makes me think of Denki's golden hair. It makes me happy that the glow of the ring can make me think of him even more than just looking at it.

I feel a tug on my shoulders, drawing myself from the trance I had on my new shiny ring, and to the road right in front of me. "Babe, you should really watch where your walking." Denki says as he hugs me from behind.

"Sorry, I got caught up in the ring. It's so sparkly." I say as I try to turn my head toward him to look up at him.

"Well, I think we have one last stop to make." He leads me back to the limo and downs yet another martini before he's even inside.

"How many does that make now?" He taunts me with how much he's drinking while I can't.

"This would be my fourth one, don't worry they don't have as much alcohol as you'd expect." He kisses the top of my head as we both climb into the limo.

I grab another apple juice and chug it down quickly. "What's this last stop?" I'm sure I already know the answer but I want to hear it from him.

"Your sister's place. She should be the first person to find out about that-" he points to my finger "-and we're probably gonna start packing your things." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I'm quite happy I got to update this story after about two years of a hiatus. I will sometimes randomly check the stats and see how many read this story has. I am thrilled with 16.1k reads at this current moment. I want to deeply apologize to all of you for leaving you for so long, I've had so much happen since I've last written. I love you all and Stay safe! <3