Gender Reveal (pt. 2)

"Hey! The whole squad is going to be at the party. Now, what's the news about your friends? Will they be able to plan it?" Denki asked me as I walked back in the kitchen.

"Yes, but we have to drop off the envelope at their practice. Luckily, they aren't too far away." I put the directions in my phone's map, and show Denki.

"Ok, Do you need a ride? I know a guy who knows a guy who can drive us around town. As long as we know where we want to go," Denki offered as I pulled the phone down. I nodded with my eyes wide.

"Yes, please. My feet haven't been in so much pain before. And I've literally rolled my ankle so far, it dislocated," I exaggerated. That required me to go to the ER. This is just a little uncomfortable.

"Ok, then. I'll make one last phone call and get us that ride. Then we'll head over to the studio. I also have one more surprise for you," I got excited and worried hearing that come from Denki's mouth.

He steps away to make the call as I sit there and eat some tomato slices cut from earlier.

When he comes back, I put down my tomato and perk up, listening to his angelic voice.

"Alright! Our ride will be here in about 10 minutes." He puts his phone back in his pocket.

"Ok, I'll go brush my hair." I walk away to the bathroom. I grab the brush that's sitting on the small counter. I tug it through my tangled locks, struggling every so often.

When I'm finished, I walk out and find Denki sitting on the couch. "Heyyo!"

"Whaddup."

"Our ride should be here soon," Denki commented as he pulled out his phone.

Not even an hour passed before our ride appeared at the door. A solid black limo stretched across several feet more than a normal car, equipped with tinted windows on the back of the vehicle.

Denki leads me to the limo, carrying my purse for me. He makes me feel extra special.

We get in to see a small bar with ready-to-drink beverages. I see bottles of multiple other drinks in addition to the alcoholic ones. I reach for a small bottle of apple juice in the ice-filled cooler below the bar. I see Denki reach for a martini, already made, and down it in one go.

"Slow down, we've barely left the house."

He chuckles at my statement. "Just wait until you see where we're going."

"But we need to go see Nichi and Amari to give them the envelope," I sorta whine.

Again, he chuckles. "I promise we will see them. I've already arranged for this surprise to happen first."

I glare at him, but remain quiet. We ride in silence, but not for a long time.

We arrive at a red brick house. A black roof, with yellow buttercup flowers in the front yard. Denki gets out of the limo before me, helping me out.

"Denki. What is this?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: .....I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for leaving you for so long. I feel so bad. But, things have been very busy for me. I am writing a book right now, which I will try to advertise on here a bit, if it's in the guidelines that it's ok. I'll have to check. I have been dealing with so much recently, but know I am happy to update again. Love you all and Stay safe! <3