Chapter 6

"This is my place," Caitlin said as she opened the front door to her house, "I know it's a bit small but hopefully we can make you feel at home, Ronnie, uh, sorry, Ron," she corrected herself. 

"It's a beautiful house," Ron said as he looked around, "do you live alone?"

"Um, no. It's shared with my boyfriend, Savitar." 

"Ah, the one who despises me." 

Caitlin bit her lip, she wasn't aware that Ron had heard their argument. 

"It's no worries, he has every right to be suspicious, it's only human nature." 

"He's a good guy, he'll come around," Caitlin assured, more to herself than to Ron.

As Ron was eating some pie, Caitlin was catching him up on her life which he was oddly interested in. 

"So, after he died a hero, I felt like it was my fault in some way, you know. Now, I live everyday trying to make him proud and to prove that the world he saved is actually worth saving." 

"Did he know you have another persona in you as he died?"

"No, but," she looked down at her hands in a smile, "he always used to call us fire and ice, it was almost like he had always known." 

"And Savitar?"

"Ronnie was my first love; he taught me what love truly was and even after him I tried to fall again, but I never felt anything like the way I feel when I'm with Savitar. After Ronnie, I changed immensely and Savitar taught me that change is okay too."

"You love him, don't you?"

"Of course." 

"So, it doesn't make you feel weird that I have the same face as your late ex-husband?"

She shook her head, "it's more ... refreshing than anything. I never really got to say goodbye to him and apart of me always thought that he was still out there, but I've moved on. I'm sure that's not the same for you." 

"No. No, it's not. You look just like her," he said sadly.

"Doppelgängers. They're either the best or the worst, there's no in between."

Just then, the doorbell rang. Caitlin opened the door only to find Cisco and Barry on the other side. 

"Hey guys, what's going on?" She asked. 

They walked in and flopped on the couch beside Ron. 

"I'm pretty sure Iris doesn't want me at the apartment," Barry sighed. 

"Is Savitar-"

"With her? Yeah, so is Harry. I think they're trying to prove us wrong. I walked in and they looked at me like I didn't belong there. At my own apartment!"

"And I'm just here for moral support," Cisco explained. 

Caitlin went to get some blankets and the four watched a movie while bonding. 

"This is some great OG Team Flash vibes, huh?" Cisco smiled but then stopped when he came across Caitlin and Barry's sorrow expressions. 

Their eyes were glued to the TV, but their minds were drifted elsewhere and as their best friend, Cisco caught this.

"Guys, they'll come around," Cisco tried to uplift them. 

"I really hope they do," Caitlin said, missing Savitar and the rest of the team. 

*************

Back at the West-Allen apartment, Iris was typing away at her laptop.