Chapter 20

-(y/n) POV-

It was early in the morning when I felt a cold breeze that suddenly woke me up. I open my eyes and feel the empty space next to me. "Jeff?" Confused, I sat up. My whole body ached. Strange? Why does my body hurt. I got up, closed the window and went downstairs. The house was quiet, no one was there. I've searched the whole house, but no sign of Jeff. I sighed and just took a shower and left the house to go for a walk, skipping breakfast.

Today feels rather off. Shaking the feeling off, I continued walking. Passing the park, I suddenly hear humming. Yeah you must be crazy if you think I'll go check it out... I'm gonna go check it out.

"Hello?" Why did I say hello? I honestly have a death wish. Taking a few steps, slowly following the sound to where the humming was coming from. To my surprise, it was the same little girl I saw sitting on one of the swings yesterday. I had a strange feeling but went anyway, because why not? What's the worst that could happen?

She hummed an unfamiliar melody, but stopped when she heard my footsteps. She turned her head and looked at me with a smile on her face that was both cute and terrifying.

I take back everything I just said.

"Hi (y/n)! I've been expecting you" she giggled and turned her head back and swung. I was confused and sat on the swing next to her. "Expecting me? Why? Did you know I was coming here?", she nodded.

"How do you know my name?" I asked because that's been bothering me since yesterday.

"They've all been talking about you... and I got curious, so I wanted to know who they've been talking about" She smiled and got off the swing, grabbing my hands. "Let's play!" She pulled me off the swing.

Alright, who the hell has been talking about me behind my back? I need answers! And my bat!

"Wait who? Who's been talking about me? And what's your name?"

"Let's play hide and seek! For each time you find me I get to answer your questions. Sounds fun right?" The girl smiled.

No. Not at all.

But without arguing, I agreed and started counting to 10 because I'm desperate for answers. "Ready or not here I come!" I open my eyes and went looking for the girl. I saw her hiding behind one of the trees and carefully snuck up behind her. "Found you!"

"Ah! You found me!" She chuckled and plopped on the ground. "My name is Sally and everyone at the mansion is talking about you!"

"Mansion? Wait I don't understand, who exactly and how do they know me?" I asked but she refused to answer. Ofcourse, If I want answers I'd have to go through her little game she's playing.

"I'm guessing we're gonna have to play again are we?" I asked and she nodded. She skipped to the place I was counting with me following behind her. "Tag, you're it!" She said and started running away from me. I blinked a few times as it caught me off guard. We're playing tag now? why did she just assume I love running. I literally failed PE.

I sigh, "don't worry, she's a kid. She can't run that fast right?" I chased after her but to my surprise, she was one hell of a runner. Damn she's a runner.

"Not me getting out runned by a literal child" I said between breathes. Imagine how amazed my PE teacher would be right now. I'm a runner. I could win medals right now. I'm a track star!

I finally caught up to her, giving it all I got and finally caught her. After that I fell on the ground, trying to breathe "Damn! I've never exercised this much in my life" never have I ever, put my all into running.

"You don't like running do you?"

"Do I look like the type of person that does this on a daily basis?"

She shook her head.

"Exactly" I sit up and look at Sally. "So? Who are the people talking about me?"

"You've met them... or atleast a few, not all. And now you've met me!" She giggled but my question still remained unanswered. What does she mean? Am I really this stupid or what.

Sally was quiet for a moment and then turned back to me "I have to go now, it was fun playing with you! Bye (y/n)" she said before running to the gate.

"Huh? Wait Sally I'm not done yet!" I stood up and followed her. But my head suddenly started aching again and it was like I was hearing static noises. It was hurting and blurring my vision. Before I knew it, Sally was gone. I was left there confused again because as soon as she left, my headache was gone and my vision was normal again. How strange.

I knew I shouldn't have skipped breakfast.

I was now left alone at the playground but atleast I got her name. I leave the park and just started walking again, grabbing my phone. I dial in my mom's phone number because I felt like it. I stopped and looked down at my phone.

"The number you have reached is unavailable-"

I hung up as I felt my stomach turning and everything felt so dizzy. Where is she?

But that wasn't the only weird thing today because when I looked around, the town looked like a ghost town. Where's everyone? I felt so lightheaded but it's also because I hadn't eaten anything. Everything slowly started to become blurry and I suddenly blacked out and dropped to the ground hitting my head.

Nothing makes sense anymore.