thirteen ∆ an unexpected visitor

Everyone in the room had left, besides Sir Harry, Sir Cedric, Prince Draco, and Astoria -- who, even though she couldn't really do anything, insisted she stay. It took a bit to convince Prince Draco that Sir Cedric wasn't a threat.

"He has a sword," complained the prince, who was still clutching onto his own dagger.

Sir Harry reached for Sir Cedric's sword, and reluctantly, it was handed over. "Now I have a sword. Is that better?"

"Not really."

Sighing, Astoria rolled her eyes, and grabbed the sword from Sir Harry's hands. She clutched it at her side. "Now that I have the sword, can we stop being childish and let this knight explain himself?"

There was silence, then Sir Cedric turned to Prince Draco, and bowed. "Your Highness, I'm sorry for entering the castle uninvited. It's just... there were no guards around, and I really needed to find Harry."

"No guards?" questioned the prince.

"No guards, Your Highness," he confirmed.

"Hm," was all he gave in response.

Sir Harry decided to speak up. "Why'd you come looking for me?" He decided to ignore the fact that Sir Cedric was now up and about, and just be thankful that he was.

"King Arthur was afraid something had happened to you as well. You've been gone for much longer than expected."

"Yeah, well, long story short, there was a... Well, there was a dragon attack and I ended up spraining my ankle." He didn't know how Sir Cedric would react to the dragon who'd defeated him being slain, so he decided to just leave it out. Plus, there were more pressing matters at hand.

"Are you okay?" asked Sir Cedric. "Now, I mean."

"It's only been a week, but it doesn't hurt anymore. I've been instructed to stay off of it for three weeks, though."

"Can we get to the princess already?" Prince Draco said, sounding fed up.

"Of course... Well, all we know is that she was in her bedroom, asleep, and the next morning she was missing, her window wide open," Sir Cedric explained.

"Maybe she left of her own free will," the prince suggested.

"Why would she do that?"

"Why wouldn't she? Isn't she the youngest? She'll probably never become queen, so what else is there for her? Maybe she's gone to figure that out."

It sounded like Prince Draco was speaking from experience. Maybe if he weren't the crown prince, he'd leave too.

"You do have a point," said Sir Harry. "But that doesn't mean we can just rule out kidnapping."

"Well, obviously," sneered the prince. "She could've also been eaten by something in the forest."

Both knights narrowed their eyes.

"No, really, I'm being serious. She could've!"

"I've been ordered to look here first," Sir Cedric stated, not yet dismissing what Prince Draco had said.

"Here? As in, the castle?" Sir Harry repeated.

"Now that's just rude! What would anyone here want with the princess? If anything, it'd be more beneficial for one of your people to kidnap me," Prince Draco pointed out.

"Yeah, well none of our people have kidnapped you yet, have they? So maybe we should worry about the person who's actually been kidnapped, don't you think?"