twenty-nine ∆ in the open

When they finally got Voldemort locked up in the dungeon, Sir Harry was ready for a nap. But that clearly couldn't come soon enough, because Draco pushed him up against the wall and started kissing him.

"Draco--" he mumbled against his lips. "I'm exhausted."

Draco pulled away and said, "Now, that's the taste of freedom." And then he winked and left Sir Harry standing there in the dim torchlight. He decidedly followed in Draco's footsteps, heading upstairs to his room.

"Hey!" Sir Harry called out, as Draco was about to enter his room. "Can we, maybe...um, sleep together?"

Draco gave him a lopsided smile and nodded. "Only if you change first."

Sir Harry glanced down at his sweaty, dirty clothes and grinned back at Draco. "Okay!"

He practically ran up to his own room, and pulled off his clothes in no time at all. He slipped on a basic tunic, and fluffed his hair in the mirror. Then, he ran all the way back to Draco's room, not being subtle at all.

However, on the way, he ran into Astoria who looked horrified.

"I went down to the dungeons," she hissed. "And he was there. Unconscious."

"Yeah, uh--" Sir Harry tried to come up with an excuse, but his mind was unfortunately blank. "Don't mind him, he's just...there!"

Astoria narrowed her eyes. "And, what? Now you're going to fuck Dray?"

He held up his hands. "No, we're just gonna sleep! That battle was very tiring, you should've been there."

"Well, sorry that some of us are sleeping at normal times of the night and not running off to fight a horrendous man who is now, for some unspoken reason, locked up and still alive!" by the end, she was practically yelling.

Draco stepped out of his room, looking quite perplexed at the scene that was unfolding around them.

"You know what?" Astoria said. "I'm going to fuck Draco."

"Wait, what--" but Draco was cut off by a forceful Astoria pushing him back into his room, closing the door behind them.

Sir Harry immediately ran over and opened the door. He saw Draco pointing a finger at Astoria, who had her hands on her hips.

"Yeah? Well, you smell like horse shit!" she screamed. "I'm over here dying and you promised me a child! And now you're telling me I might never get that?"

Maybe Sir Harry should've stayed out in the hallway.

Draco seemed taken aback by that. "You're not dying. You're just trying to manipulate me like everyone else in my life."

"Oh, really?" her voice was breaking, and tears formed in the corners of her eyes. "Just...ask Daphne. She knows all about it. Or Doctor Snape-- he's the one who's been helping me."

And then, without another word, she turned and walked out, closing the door behind her.

Draco fell back into his bed, and stared up at the ceiling. Sir Harry walked over and laid down beside him, and hesitantly took his hand.

"I don't want to have sex with her," Draco muttered, still staring at the ceiling. "I thought I did when I first made that promise, but now..."

"Things are different."

Draco laughed under his breath. "That's an understatement."

There was a silence between them. Draco turned his attention away from the ceiling and stared back at Sir Harry, who turned so he was laying on his side.