thirty-two ∆ the short talk

The next morning, Sir Harry awoke to a scattering of kisses by none other than Draco, obviously.

"Hey, hey! I get it, I'm awake!" he said, putting his hands up, covering his face.

Draco gave in. "What? I thought you liked my kisses."

Sir Harry rolled his eyes and sat up. "I thought we were supposed to go somewhere today."

"Yeah, that's why I'm waking you up," Draco deadpanned. "C'mon, we need to get the horses ready."

He threw what looked like a whole suit in Sir Harry's direction, and stood in the middle of the room and changed right there in front of him.

"Ah, that same riding outfit," Sir Harry commented.

"You have a similar one," Draco said, slipping on his boots.

Oh, so it wasn't a suit. Sir Harry slowly began to change. "I thought you only had one."

"No, I was only gifted one. That one I had custom made for an event last year," he said.

"Oh." It was a little tight, but not uncomfortable. "It's smaller than the other stuff of yours I've worn."

Draco smirked. "At the time, I was trying to impress someone. I thought showing off my...assets -- if you know what I mean -- would be the best way."

Sir Harry went over and checked himself out in the mirror. "Oh my gods."

"I know right!" Draco reiterated. "You look amazing."

"I feel...vulnerable."

"Good." Draco slapped Sir Harry on the back. "That's exactly how I felt."

Sir Harry gasped slightly and watched as Draco left the room. He followed after him, and ended up at the stables.

"You want the same horse?" Draco asked, already preparing his own horse for riding.

"Yeah, I like that one," Sir Harry said. "Wait, he has a name, doesn't he?"

Draco shook his head. "No, but maybe we should call him Harold."

Sir Harry narrowed his eyes. "That sounds a lot like my name."

Draco just laughed as he mounted his spotted white horse. The color of it's mane was nearly the same as Draco's own hair. With this realization, Sir Harry climbed onto the newly named Harold, and they were off.

They were barely even in the forest when they heard the sound of chatter from behind a tree. They were both surprised to find Bellatrix, baby Delphini, and Voldemort sitting there, illuminated by a stream of light.

"I didn't mean what I said," Bellatrix admitted quickly when she saw them. "I just don't want us to be bothered."

"Neither do I; we both just want peace so we can properly raise our child," Voldemort reiterated.

"Um, okay." Draco looked at Sir Harry, and seemed to think for a moment, before saying, "Come live in the castle. It'll be safer for you and your baby."

"I don't think we'll be welcomed by the townsfolk," Bellatrix pointed out.

"We could explain--" Sir Harry tried to say, but was interrupted.

"No, we'll stay here," Voldemort said. "It's quiet; peaceful. It's a good place to ponder on past actions and try to make amends."

Sir Harry moved closer to Draco, and whispered, "I think he's telling the truth."

"So, what? We just leave them here?"

"Exactly," Sir Harry said.

Draco sighed, and seemed to give in. "Okay," he addressed the two rogues. "You may stay here in the forest. Just don't expect my offer to live in the castle to last. If you change your minds, come see me before the next full moon."