twenty-one ∆ practice makes perfect

Sir Harry awoke, well rested, to the afternoon sun shining on his face.

"You seem to find it difficult to keep from getting injured," commented Doctor Snape, as Sir Harry rubbed his eyes.

He couldn't tell if that was an insult or just an observation.

"Your arm is pretty gashed up. Other than that, everything else seems just fine."

"Oh," said Sir Harry, slowly sitting up. "Where's Draco?"

"He's not mine to keep track of."

"Oh."

"But... I think he might be in the library."

"There's a library here?"

"Two, actually. One on the second floor, and one in the dungeons."

"The dungeons?"

"Yes."

Suddenly, Sir Harry was struck with the realization that something was missing. He looked around, and was surprised to find his own sword was the only one in the room.

"Hey, do you know where Godrick Gryffindor's sword's gone?" he asked. "Also, how'd mine get here? I thought I'd left it--"

"Your Majesty's taken the sword. And one of the knights brought in yours."

"Oh," was all he said in response.

Soon, Sir Harry found himself up in his feet and walking to the dungeon library. On the way, he stopped by the kitchens and grabbed an entire fresh loaf of bread and a half empty bottle of wine. It'd felt like forever since he'd eaten, and by the time he'd finally found the room he was looking for, he'd swallowed half the loaf.

"Hey," he said, as he entered.

Draco was seated at a small weathered wooden table, large book cracked open. The sword had been propped up against the shelf behind him.

When he didn't answer, or even look up from the book, Sir Harry opted to sit in the seat across from him.

"Whatcha reading?"

No immediate response.

"I see you're up and well," Draco finally replied. His eyes narrowed when he finally glanced up. "You look like shit."

"Oh, well, at least I'm not wearing the same suit as two days ago," Sir Harry shot back, taking a small sip from the bottle of wine as he did so.

"Where's your armor?"

"In the infirmary."

"Is your wand there too?"

Sir Harry's eyes widened at the sudden realization he had no idea as to where it was. "Uh, I--"

"Here," was all Draco said, before retrieving Sir Harry's wand from his pocket and setting it on the table.

"What the hell? Why would you--"

"You need to be more cautious."

Sir Harry simply scoffed and took his wand up in his hand before sipping from the bottle of wine once more.

"I never asked you to teach me a lesson," he said, confidently.

"Who said I was teaching you a lesson?" said Draco, with a smirk, still eyeing his book.

"Uh, I--"

Draco jumped in his seat suddenly, looking up from the book to the doorway behind Sir Harry.

"Mum. Astoria," he mumbled. "What're you two doing here?"

"I see the stray's still here," said Narcissa.