Chapter#6: Reasons to Get off the Grid

Evan
Sunday
June 2, 2019
9:00 am
I began to plan ways to get out. We needed to act, or we were screwed. Finally, my mom walked into my room.
"Hi, sweetie." She cheerfully said.
She was holding clothes.
"Who knows about the letter?" I asked.
"I don't know, sweetie."
I turned to typed into my computer. I was scared for the future of five other kids and me. Also mad we had to deal with something out of our control. I suddenly felt a cold substance touch my skin.
"What the-?"
I looked to see my room was covered in a snowstorm.
"Evan!" My mom screamed.
I got up from the chair and limped to her voice. I looked down to see energy come out of my hands. My mom soon wrapped her arms around me, and then everything stopped. I began to cry as we both slowly hit the ground.
"Awe, what's wrong?" She asked.
"Nothing," I responded.
"Really,"
"No."
I explained to her what happened.
"Whatever you choose, Dad and I will be here."
We both hugged each other. Suddenly the snow began to melt. I got back to my chair.
"I-I have to go," I said.
"I know." My mom responded.

Ollie
Sunday
June 2, 2019
10:00am
The shock of what happened was still hitting me. Missy threw open my door.
"What's up, nerd?" She said.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Yes, Why?"
"Missy, your eyes turned neon green." I continued. "Mine turned Emerald Green."
"Ya, okay?"
"This is going to sound crazy, but we have to go to Colorado."
"What, Really?"
"Yeah."
"How?"
"I don't know."
"Why?"
"I can't tell you."
The plants on my windowsill started to grow quickly. The vines soon became lifelike. They began to wrap around my wrists.
"What the hell?" I questioned.
"Tell me." She demanded.
"Missy!"
I pulled the vines off my hands.
"Ah."
She fell on my bed. Quickly the vines wrapped around my waist. Then up to my chest and around my throat.
"Your hands," I said before my mouth was covered.
The vines suddenly fell off of my face. I caught my breath and looked up. I saw a pale-faced missy looked up in shock. I quickly grabbed scissors from my desk. I cut the vines off the ground. I went and sat next to missy. I soon hugged her.
"It's okay." I consoled her.
It took her a couple of minutes to talk.
"So you didn't want to tell me I have powers?" She asked.
"Nope," I answered.
"Why not?"
"Well, I kinda found out a couple of minutes ago."
We both awkwardly laughed.

Bailey
Sunday
June 2, 2019
8:00pm
My best friend and I were walking in the parking lot of the movie theater. Suddenly a guy walked up to us. He held a gun up to us.
"Hands up!"
His voice was shaking.
"Don't do anything dumb." Eva cried.
I felt the blood come down my face from my nose. The sound of rushing water quickly got louder and began to build up behind me.
"What the-?" He asked.
The water has suddenly rushed, covering the guy. Then, the water suddenly dispersed, and the guy was on the ground.
"Let's go!" I screamed.
We both ran to my car as we caught our breath. Then, I began to think about the events that just happened.
"What the hell just happened?" Eva questioned.
"I-I'm not sure," I answered.

Zack
Sunday
June 2, 2019
10:00pm
"Zack!" My mom screamed.
I opened my door.
"We need to talk."
I closed my door and headed downstairs. My parents were sitting down on the couch. I headed to the living room they were in.
"Hi," I said.
I sat in front of them on the ottoman.
"So." My mom continued. "Do you like girls or boys?"
"What?"
"What gender do you like to date?"
"Um."
"Are you gay?" My dad pipped in.
My face flushed.
"Um." I stuttered.
Suddenly blood came out of my nose. I ran out of the room to the bathroom. Once I got back, a came started to cover my couch.
"What the hell?" I screamed.
I ran and grabbed the fire extinguisher. I sprayed the fire. My parents looked up at me. I ran up to my room. I immediately got online to the group chat.