8

After a hard day of working on Caiden's project of restoring an old greenhouse, the three of us settled in the den of the main entrance of the manor and ate our pasta. We all ate in a comfortable silence until a specific question came from Nikolai.

"So, is it weird being her lover?" He asked casually. I hummed as his stare pointed toward me. Caiden added to the stares moments later. I cleared my throat as I took some of Caiden's wine and drank.

"No, not really," I said quietly. "It feels...safe. Being with her was a bit rocky at first, and I cannot say I fully understand the depths of her feelings for me, but being in her bed and her human makes me feel so special and safe. How can I deny how I feel? I can't."

"Does the blood drinking ever get easier to deal with?" Caiden asked.

"Always sucks me dry," I sighed dramatically as I sipped some more wine. "It has been getting harder to recover from but, I don't want to tell her that." The two slowly nodded.

"Well as long as you're happy, then I guess it isn't a huge deal," Caiden murmured as she forked some more pasta off her plate.

"But like...why though? Is there really no problem with fucking your own boss?" Nikolai asked baffled. "How do her daughters take it?" I shrugged.

"If they know, they don't say anything to me about it. To be honest, they like me decently enough. Even Alcina said that they treat me like a second mother on occasion. I take it in stride and with pride." Caiden nodded as she sat back with her wine.

"Angie is no different from a child half the time too and she seems to start liking me. It is so much easier to be accepted than constantly opposed."

"Exactly! See, you get it," I said as I motioned a wine glass to her.

"So, how does that even work?" He asked curiously. "Like, do the chambermaids ever get mad or like call you out for basically being the lover?" Caiden nodded her head to me.

"Yeah, there has to be a lot of controversy at some point," she added.

"None," I said as I shook my head. "Everyone is too afraid of her to even bother making comment. Being sent to the basement is far scarier than having an opinion on who I choose to let fuck me." Their faces turned still but nodded in understanding regardless. A slight shrug rolled off my shoulders. "I agree with her though! Why should anyone care? It is not their concern." I leaned back in my seat during their silence. My eyes trailed between the two as I took in long drinks. I wonder if I'm really the only one of these three that are getting laid. Yeah, Heisenburg has other bots in his care, but Nikolai was also cute enough to get noticed by just about anyone. Not only that, but he also gave the boy free reign to come to the manor. Lady Donna and Angie never allowed themselves to get attached to anyone easily either, and Caiden was still around. Besides, by the way the doll actually complimented Caiden, something tells me that there is some romantic tension in the air. "What about you two? Don't you all have any scandalous affairs with your masters?" Nikolai visibly irked in his seat while Caiden stiffened a bit. A small smile was hidden by my cup. If they weren't getting laid, they definitely had the idea in mind on occasion.

"Not a fucking chance!" Nikolai loudly set his drink down on the coffee table in front of us. My brow raised a playful smile teased my lips. This was going to be fun.

"Why not? I thought you two were the only ones there," I asked teasingly.

"We are."

"Then why not?"

"Cause, we don't swing that way, Elena." His words were timid as his eyes drooped down toward the coffee table. Caiden and eye shared a glance as she propped herself on the edge of her seat. I got her interested! Jackpot. I stared at Nikolai intently and he squirmed under the gazes he refused to look at. This was cute.