24

It took some time, but the kitchen got cleaned up and we picked at the leftovers that remained from our batches. None of us talked. The staff stood off on their own and did their own thing. Maidens ran in and out of the kitchen with tasks that they needed. It seemed that Caiden and Nikolai made tallies for how many I had to deal with within an hour time span. Soon, Constance, another new maiden came in. She was a lot more levelheaded than the rest, which I was always grateful for. "Elena, you and Caiden are needed in the study," she spoked softly before she left. As we walked to the study that Alcina and rest resided in, Nikolai spoke of something called a comic book. Sounded more up Cassandra's ally than my own. I would have to ask Freida about it later.

"How have you two been doing?" The question pricked my ears as I turned from my thoughts.

"Better than ever! He's been so sweet and even made me breakfast in bed yesterday." Nikolai gushed. A smile graced my face as Caiden waggled her brow. He giggled like a child as he continued. "It's been great. We are by each other constantly working on different vehicles and weapons."

"I'm glad," Caiden replied. A devilish grin crossed my face.

"Sounds like a great time! Ever have a third bot boy join in?" I teased as the redness spread across his face. Caiden chuckled as she watched.

"N-not part of the plan."

"Mhm," I hummed maliciously. The three of us relaxed as we walked into the study. The three lords sat in their respective seats as a baby basinet sat in the middle of them all. I smiled as Alcina cooed over the basinet. Her smile was soft and kind as she murmured sweet nothings to Eva. Eva replied to her in babbles which brightened Alcina's face up more.

"Elena! Caiden! So wonderful for you two to join us," Mother Miranda greeted. My attention snapped as all heads turned toward us. Nikolai slipped on by us and toward Lord Heisenburg's chair.

"Wonderful to see you again, Mother Miranda," I said quietly. Caiden walked up to the basinet as I made my way over to Alcina. The woman greeted me with a kind smile. I was offered a gloved hand.

"Come. Sit with me." The words were so soft they almost were not heard at all. I glared at her. Her smile turned worried as she stared at me. I slowly grabbed for her hand.

"I called for this meeting not only because I wanted everyone to meet Eva, but I also wanted to speak about Moreau and his domain," Mother Miranda explained. I was pulled onto Alcina's lap. Her arms slithered around my waist.

"Am I in trouble?" Alcina teased against my ear.

"For nearly drinking the others? Yes, very much so."

"Moreau has sadly passed away due to complications when on the mission." The words brought my attention back to Mother Miranda as Alcina pouted behind me. "I felt it best that after his death that the territory as a whole be split up between the three of you, but that also made no sense for one of you. Heisenburg, would you really want stake in the reservoir? It does not border your territory at all."

"I don't want an overgrown mosh pit," Heisenburg stated. "Let the women have it. I don't want any part of that." Nikolai nodded in agreement.

"Of course not, that would be too much work for him," Alcina grunted.

"Oh hush," I shushed her quietly and patted her laugh.

"Alright, well then, that leads me to the suggestion that I really wanted to bring up." Mother Miranda perked up in her seat. "Caiden and Elena were extremely important in bringing back my darling Eva. They were also crucial, alongside with Nikolai, in taking down both Cathleen and Moreau. I want to reward them with ownership of the reservoir. It brings in decent money that they could split between the two Houses." I stared in shock as I perked up against Alcina. My attention turned toward my darling vampire. She seemed just as blatantly shocked as me.