Chapter 26

(this hasn't been edited so let me know of any mistakes)

The door jingles as three girls walk through. It took a little convincing, but Akaashi and Kenma had finally gotten Yaku to come. They walked over to a table where most of the girls were already sitting, they were just waiting for Nishinoya and Ennoshita, if she decided to come.

Oikawa and Suga were sitting next to each other gossiping about who knows what, with Makki on the phone beside her. Hinata and Yamaguchi were looking at the menu on the other side, while Kenma Akaashi and Yaku slipped in beside Makki.

"Hi! Been awhile since we've seen each other, well some of us"Suga says after giggling about something with Oikawa.

"Yeah I just saw Akaashi a couple days ago, but the rest of you it's been awhile" Oikawa says, her head a little less high then usual. Hinata perks up after placing her menu down

"Oh? Where did you guys see each other?" There's a second of tense consideration before Oikawa decides to speak up, looking her directly in the eye.

"The hospital. I was just getting released when I ran into Akaashi on the way out." She says with a kind smile. Everyone just turns their gaze to Akaashi as she stutters for a reason. Before giving up and telling the truth.

"I was worried about why I didn't want to turn back into a boy, so I went to the doctor about it. Which brings me to my next point" she's just about to continue before 2 more girls are walking through the door. One very clearly more excited than the other.

"Hey guys! Sorry it took so long, grumpy pants over here was complaining about life again. Y'know between you and Ryu, I'm not sure who's worse" Noya says sitting down beside Hinata, Ennoshita in tow with a grunt, very obviously not in the mood to talk right now.

"Oh no worries, you're just in time. Continuing about the hospital. The doctor said she would like to see all of you at some point for some tests." Akaashi says. Glancing at the menu as she does.

"What for? I feel fine, better than fine actually" Makki says. She had put her phone away when the tension had built in case she needed to be a buffer for Oikawa.

"That's the point. Wouldn't you feel at least a little uncomfortable or just generally off? It's weird that it feels..right? I guess? I described it as having more and more moments where I was forgetting even being a boy in the past, but found it odd that I wasn't bothered by it"

Silence followed while they thought about it, all silently questioning their sanity. They're interrupted by the waitress coming by and asking for their orders "Hi ladies! What can I get for you today? There's a special on the soup today!" They compile their menus on the edge of the table as they order their food.

"So when does she want us to come in?" Yaku said. Surprising Akaashi and Kenma. Who totally expected to be ignored. Her parents have been a bitch the past couple weeks, constantly nagging her about how she was faking, and throwing insults towards her for 'being a cross dresser'.

"You can come in whenever! But she recommends coming in as soon as you can so she can cross reference. I heard Oikawa saying she would be going on November 10th so anytime around then" she just nodded before picking up her fork to eat.

She'd have to make sure her parents are at work before she leaves. They've been finicky with letting her go places, claiming volleyball was a bad idea that had a terrible influence, and now they're scared about letting her do literally anything.

"What do you guys say about maybe going to the fair down the road? We've all got warm clothes, so what's the harm?" Yamaguchi asks. She's been meaning to go for a while but things kept getting in the way, and once December hit, they were shutting down for the holidays. A chorus of agreement followed suit, and small chatter continued while they finished their meal, spending their time catching up and telling stories.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

They could see the lights from the Farris wheel on the opposite side of the fair. They had just paid for their tickets and we're trying to decide what to do.

There were quite a few of them so they decided to split up into groups of 5, Akaashi Kenma Yaku Makki and Oikawa heading towards the Farris wheel. While Suga was stuck babysitting Noya and Hinata and Ennoshita and Yamaguchi tagged along.

"Slow down. It's too cold for me to run, I can barely move my fingers let alone attempt running" Suga said as Noya and Hinata got a little too far ahead

"So why were you complaining about life?" The question had shocked her, especially coming from Yamaguchi. They haven't really talked much at all.

"I was more just embarrassed about how I reacted with Tanaka. I was all over the place and went well over reacting. I was just trying to find a way to say I'm sorry for reacting the way I did and I want things to go back to normal without actually erasing the event. Pretending it didn't happen isn't gonna do anything" she had been pretty quiet the entire evening, working out solutions in her head.

"Trust me I know. I overreacted with Kei, and for whatever reason I'm still acting like it was a big deal. And I have no idea why. I guess I just wanted him to know that I put every ounce of my life into trusting him and being honest, and he thought I was playing with him. I still think I'm being stupid, but it's got him all sweet and cuddly with me" she laughs slightly at the end.

She's been enjoying the new Kei, he's giving her more attention than he has in the past years combined, maybe she's just holding a grudge so she can keep him that way, she doesn't want to lose him when she just got him. They all end up with at least 1 new stuffed animal and a bag of cotton candy. By the end of the night they've decided to make this a monthly meet up.

(I just spent the first half an hour writing every single player known and unknown on all 4 of the team's cause I could have sworn I had 11 and only remembered 10. But nope, I had 10. I probably should have checked the description before going through the work😅. Did find out that there are exactly 15 unnamed members on all 4 teams. Nekoma is missing numbers 10, 13, 14. Fukurodani is missing numbers 1, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14, and 15. Aoba Josai is missing numbers 5, 8, 9, 10, and 11. Crazy right? Also surprise! New chapter! I thought I'd bring light onto why Enno and Yama acted the way they did with their boys. And here's an calendar in case anyone wants a map of the dates for this.

October Friday 15th- it all began
October Monday 17th- first day back to school
October Wednesday 19th- Oiks wakes up + Kenma/ Akaashi meet up
October Sunday 23rd- Oiks is released + runs into Akaashi
November 2nd- group meet up