Chapter 17

"Can you do me one more favour?" Kenma asks, looking at nothing but the wall in front of her. "Sure. What do you need?" He exclaims, a little too eagerly. "Call Bokuto and give me the phone." She turns her head slightly, only enough to look at him through her peripheral vision. "Huh? Why would you need to do that?" This time she looks at him full on. 

"A hunch. Now call him, and hand over the phone." a little snappy this evening. ' Come on. Pick up Bokuto' She bounced her leg nervously. "Hel- " before he could even get the greeting out, he was cut off. "Give me Akaashi's number. Now!" When she glances over at Kuroo, there's realization on his face, he understands what's going on now. 

"Oh, pudding-chan! What a surprise, you know I haven't heard from you in awhile, actually ever. Hold on what did you need again??" Kuroo was trying, and failing , at stifling a laugh, while Kenma's eye twitched in irritation.

"Bokuto. Give. me. Akaashi's. phone. number." Each word slowed, and laced with threatening malice. " Uh, yeah, okay" Kenma grabbed one of her stray notebooks from around her room, and started jotting down the numbers listed "Can I ask why though?" the quiet question could barely be heard, and they could only assume he went into emo mode. 

"No." She immediately hung up and dialled Akaashi's number. When Akaashi picked up, a slight wave in the voice and a slight pitch difference, had Kenma immediately picking out clothes "Me, you, Reissue, 20 minutes." She waited for the slight hum before hanging up.

"So? What's the deal?" She looks back at Kuroo, before slightly nodding. "So I take it by the way you demanded to meet, that you're leaving now?" She hums heading towards the bathroom to brush and change. "Want me to come with you?" He says slightly louder. "No. I think we just need to talk things out. Without an audience." He pursed his lips before sighing.

 "So you plan on getting privacy in a public café?" the door opens, revealing Kenma with her hair in a side ponytail, and her Nekoma sweatpants and jacket. "You know what I mean Kuroo." She starts walking out before he grabs her arm "Please. Be Careful." She nods and he lets her go. This is going to be a tough year.

Walking through the doors she immediately spots a girl with medium length black hair, french braided to the side. She walks up to the booth and quickly slides in the opposite side, startling the girl, now identified as, Akaashi. "Oh, Kenma. So it happened to you too?" Nodding she folded her hands on the table and stared at them. 

"I also think, and partly know, that it's not just us." Akaashi gives her a confused look, before gesturing to continue. "I called Yaku-san this morning, and it turns out he? Was freaking out this morning, Kuroo went to pick him up." She nods, her gaze slowly finding her hands in her lap.

"Where were you last night?" Akaashi doesn't look up, and mutters a quiet answer "I was with Bokuto-san at the gym, helping him with his spikes." Kenma nods before pulling out a pen from her pocket and grabs a napkin. "I was with Kuroo, Yaku-san, and Lev last night. You were with Bokuto. I think this has something to do with that meteor shower we had." Akaashi perks up "Oh yeah. Do you think anyone else was out that night? Anyone we might know?" Kenma nods and starts writing on the napkin again.

 When she finally looks up again she slides the napkin over to Akaashi "The only schools I know somewhat closely are Karasuno, Seijoh, and your school. I know the entire Karasuno Team was training late last night, meaning there are likely to be some there affected." When Akaashi nods, signalling she's following along, she continues.

"I don't know Oikawa or his team personally, but from what I observed he often overworks himself, a lot, so the chances of him practicing late are pretty good. I've also noted he's kept in line by his Vice captain, whom I presume was with him that night, along with their two friends. I've seen them poking fun at Oikawa multiple times, so it might be safe to say they wanted to watch him get yelled at." Akaashi studies the napkin before lifting her head. 

"So these are the names of the people you suspect?" Kenma nods, taking the napkin back. "As much as I hate to admit it, this whole thing had been a little selective, between the people that were out last night, based on my team and you, it affected those with the least... how should I say this... beef." Akaashi gives a quizzical look.

"What do you mean by that?" She sighs "I mean the less masculine of the bunch. With one look you can tell, Yaku and I aren't the most muscular, and compared to Bokuto you aren't either. So I took the names of the people I knew, and wrote down who I think could be affected" Akaashi held a slight blush, but nodded anyway. The names consisted of.

Sugawara- Karasuno vice captain

Nishinoya- Karasuno Libero

(Unknown)- Karasuno Benched second year

Yamaguchi- Karasuno Pinch server

Hinata Shouyou- Karasuno decoy

Oikawa- Seijoh Captain

Oikawa's friend- Seijoh (unknown position)

Me, you, Yaku-san

"Who's the 'Unknown' by the way." Akaashi says with air quotations. "I don't know, I saw him at one of our games, he looked pretty slim so I put him on there. Shouyou doesn't talk about all the members of his team so I don't know all their names." Akaashi nods, before smiling "So why was he the only one you put first names? I know for a fact you know Oikawa's first name, I mean who doesn't?" A light shade of pink made its way onto her cheeks. She huffs getting up out of the booth "Doesn't matter. We have some phone numbers to collect." Akaashi laughs, standing up as well "What do you mean?" Kenma looks back at her smiling a little. "We're going to get everyone together."