Chapter 20

"Ms. Oikawa, you have a visitor" a nurse announces, Hajime lifts his head from her hair while she lifts hers from his shoulder. Their tears are long gone. "I don't think I'm up for it" she quietly replies back "I completely understand, but she hasn't asked to see you, she just said she was here for you but wanted to talk to him, she also wanted to talk to your other friends too, they're waiting out front with her" there's clear confusion lacing his voice. Iwaizumi and Oikawa glance at each other, before Iwaizumi slowly gets up making his way towards the door.

When he joins his friends up front, he wasn't expecting to see a girl, her dyed blonde hair hanging loosely over what looks like a Nekoma uniform. "You must be Iwaizumi. I apologize for the sudden meeting but I wasn't able to reach any of you with a cell. I'm aware something has happened to Oikawa, and I'm not here to pry, actually the whole reason I asked you here is because I know she wouldn't want to be seen like that. You see, on Saturday night ten boys experienced changes, changes I know you're aware of" her gaze shifted towards Makki.

"My name is Kozume Kenma, but please call me Kenma. I'm one of those boys, well as you see not anymore." Realization dawns on all their faces, but soon confusion taking place again. Wondering why she's here, and how she knew about Oikawa. "You know you guys are really easy to read" she deadpans. Sighing she motions for them to sit down in the waiting chairs. "I have a friend from Fukurodani Academy who was also changed, so it had me thinking if it was just us, I called each school who had reasons they might be out during the meteor shower, turns out 10 people were affected, 5 from Karasuno 2 from Nekoma 2 from Aoba Johsai and 1 from Fukurodani" she pauses letting the 3rd years take in the information.

"What did the meteor shower have to do with anything?" Makki speaks up. "We're not entirely sure, but we know that the only people affected were people outside during it" she explains, a hint of irritation lacing her voice. "But we were all out in it. How come only some of us were affected?" this time it was Matsun speaking up. "I don't know, but based on those affected, I'm assuming it has something to do with those who might have been more 'feminine' then the others they were with. For me Yaku and I were more feminine than Lev and Kuroo, for my friend, she was more feminine than her captain, the only other one she was with." they both nodded leaning back in their seats, Iwaizumi still on the edge of his.

"Now, continuing on, we're planning a get together, those who were affected can come and we can be surrounded by people who understand the struggle of the switch, so far everyone except you guys and one Karasuno have said yes, you guys were especially hard, I had gotten your numbers, but none of you seemed to have your phones on, which led me to calling your coach, and that's when he explained that Hanamaki and Oikawa were also affected, he also said that Oikawa was out in the Hospital after a run in with 3 boys from your school" with the last sentence they all went rigid with the thought this could have gotten out with out Oikawa's permission, sensing their worry she quickly clarified

"He didn't tell me exactly what happened, and I have no desire to know, if Oikawa agrees to come and share what happened, that's her choice, and that would be the only time I'd know what happened, this is a private matter, and Oikawa deserves the Privacy" a collection of sighs were heard, before Makki glanced up at her boyfriend, an internal battle going on in their heads, maybe this could be good for them. She looked like she was contemplating something, before taking a deep breath and nodding. "I'll go" she rushed out.

"I think this could be good for me, for all of us" she reached for Matsuns hand, squeezing it. Kenma nodded before reaching into her backpack, pulling out her note book, writing what looks like a number before ripping the page out and handing it to Makki. "This is my number, text me, and I'll tell you where and when." for the first time since he sat down Iwaizumi speaks up. "Who's going?" he knew if Oikawa were to agree to it, she had to have someone there she liked and didn't mind talking to. Kenma took a second to flip to the page, "So from Karasuno Sugawara is going, she's the vice Captain, they also have their Libero Nishinoya, and two first years, Hinata and Yamaguchi, the decoy and pinch server, I'm still waiting to hear back from a second year spiker. From my school there's me, second year official setter and our Libero Yaku, she took a little convincing. And then there's my friend from Fukurodani, Akaashi, a second year official setter" she finished, closing her notebook.

"Well sure got your fair share of setters" Makki jokes. While Iwaizumi hums. "I think Oikawa would get along pretty well with the Karasuno vice captain, don't you think" he says looking towards his friends, they make noises of affirmation "I think she would too, Suga gets along with everyone, maybe cause she's both sickeningly sweet and caring yet feral and uncontrollable all at the same time" Kenma pipes in looking slightly horrified, by her sudden realization.

"Well I think I should go, I was actually planning on coming this morning, but with the trip here, then how long this conversation was then the trip back I'm glad I decided against it" as she was walking away, she glanced back towards Iwaizumi "Please tell her about it, Hanamaki has my number, I'll get her to tell you the time if she decides that she can do it. Good bye" she slightly bows, before making her way out again. Iwaizumi soon gets up and heads back to Oikawa's room, Makki and Matsun follow not too far behind.

When they get back to the room, Oikawa is finishing a fruit cup, when she notices Iwaizumi she quickly scoots over, an indication she wants to go back to how she was. He wastes no time in hopping back up on the bed, wrapping his arm around her shoulders pulling her in when she puts the empty fruit cup down. Matsun and Makki go back to their position as well, with Makki in Matsuns lap. "So what'd they want?" she asks when she is comfortable again. "She was a student from Nekoma, turns out she was arranging a get together for girls who were changed, from the people going I think you might get along with Karasuno's vice Captain best, apparently she's sickeningly sweet and caring yet feral and uncontrollable at the same time" Iwaizumi chuckles, Makki joining in.

"That First year is also going, y'know the decoy who moves really fast?" Oikawa squints, trying to put a face to the name "Oh! Chibi-chan!" she smiles innocently, missing how Iwaizumi's face reddened, though to Iwaizumi's dismay the other two didn't miss it, and were giving him sly grins, and wiggly eyebrows, when Oikawa wasn't looking he flipped them off.