4

The avengers were all sat in the meeting room once again after a few days. Natasha and Fury were working on finding any evidence of the mystery girl after Tony shared with them the articles on Sandra.

At first, Fury thought Tony was acting just as crazy as Bucky was when the idea of the girl being Sandra came up. But after a lot of convincing, Fury actually agreed. After all, there was a possibility it was her since no body was ever recovered.

"Ok, here's the run down on this mystery girl." Fury began, pulling up multiple photos and videos on the big screen. "Security footage has captured her, but rarely her face. Throughout these past 70 years, people have been reporting sightings of Sandra, but she was always quick to get out of the public and to wherever she would hide out. People have caught her around Howard Stark's residence, Along with Peggy Carter's home. But the two would deny ever seeing her."

Bucky looked up at fury confused. "Wait, so she didn't go missing then. She just ran away?" He asked.

"Correct. And she's been on the run since then, even though people stopped their searches for her after about two years." Fury said, pulling up a new tab of security footage. "This is from the rear camera of the quinjet during the last mission. watch."

They all sat, looking at the footage play. They saw the beat up sneakers that the girl wore appear, then watched as she laid down aiming her sniper at the window. Covering her eyes were a pair of tinted sunglasses, which she pulled to the top of her head so she could see the scope.

"These hydra assholes have got to stop stealing my shit." They could hear the girl mumble as she caught sight of the her target. The look on her face changed as she got a better look at who was inside though. "these two always get themselves in these situations." She spoke lower.

Bucky looked at the screen, not once taking his eyes off the girl.

Once her sniper fired, a smirk was on her face and she sat there a second. "Another one down, one more file and weapon to find and destroy." She said, putting the sniper on her back and continuing to look in the window. It was obvious when she was spotted, her face turning to shock as she was quickly getting out of the cameras view running.

"Believe me now?" Bucky asked Steve, pointing to the screen. "I'm now 100% positive that was sandy."

Tony nodded. "Yeah, and what else could she mean by these two always get into these situations? Because she sure as hell wasn't talking about me."

Steve nodded his head, finally giving in to the conspiracy. "Ok, yes, it has to be her." He admitted, "but let's not forget she asked mention one more file and weapon is gone, and she's probably going to get it now."

Natasha sat for a second, looking at the other tabs on the screen. "Wait." She said, looking over to the others. "She said hydra took them, so all we have to do it get to a hydra facility and find it, then we run into her."

"Yeah, then what's your plan." Fury asked, his arms crossed over his chest. "Because if you didn't know, she killed a man and there are probably others she has killed too."

Steve opened is mouth to speak, but fury just continued speaking.

"And don't pull the, oh she wouldn't do that, bullshit. It's been 70 years Cap, she could be a totally different person now. We don't know what type of trauma she's been through during that time. Especially since she's been off the grid."

"Try to find a location." Steve said, standing up and beginning to walk out the door. "I'll be back, I have to go make a visit to someone.""

- - -

After the half hour drive, Steve was stood in the nursing home room that held the aged Peggy Carter. She looked much different than he remembered, but he didn't expect her to look the same.

Since Peggy was reaching an old age, Steve knew their conversations wouldn't be going on for much longer. But, he also knew that she had to know something about Sandra.

"Hey peg." Steve smiled, sitting in the chair beside her.

A bright smile grew in Peggy's face as her eyes landed in Steve. "Steve, it's been so long since I've seen you." She said, "where have you been."

Steve held his smile, knowing worrying her could cause major problems. "You know, missions with the team." He said, "I actually have a couple questions I wanted to ask."

Peggy nodded, waiting for Steve to continue on with his questions.

"You can tell the truth, I won't be mad." He said, "I heard that Sandra is still around. When she went missing, people said she was spotted with you and Howard. I just need to know if that's true."

Peggy's smile fell as she looked away from Steve's hopeful eyes. "Steve, I should've told you sooner. Howard and I promised to keep this a secret." She said, "but you can talk to her yourself."

Steve looked at Peggy confused, trying to figure out what she meant. "Peggy I cant- we cant find where she is."

"Why not? A blind man could find her Steve." Peggy joked, smiling up at Steve to try and cheer him up. "But in all seriousness, when she would come to visit me, she would tell me to talk to you about her current whereabouts when I thought I would be the right time... now is the time Steve."

Steve looked at her shocked, trying to process what she meant. "She's been here..?" He asked. "But how-"

Peggy smiled, putting her hand over his. "Your little sister had the mind of Howard Stark, except she wasn't into the hookups like him. She never trusted anyone again after what Brandon did. Her hope for ever finding love completely died. The only person she ever truly trusted with her heart was sergeant Barnes." She said, "sandy told me she checks in on you boys every so often, usually when your on missions. She likes to pop in and get a quick snipe of two."

Steve smiled, shaking his head. "God, this all makes sense now." He said. "But what stopped her from staying?"

"That Steven, you must ask her yourself." Peggy said, looking away from Steve. "Now go before Howard's son flys in here with his suit to find you."

Steve laughed and nodded his head, kissing Peggy's forehead. "Goodbye Peg." He said, walking out the door.

"Goodbye Captain Rogers."