46

The next couple of minutes were filled with blurred vision and muffled speaking for Sandra. She was so out of it that she didn't know what was going on.

"Miss, Miss we need a name." A nurse asked her, snapping her back to reality.

"Kassandra Barnes." She responded, looking around the room she was brought to. "Is my baby ok? I cant lose my baby." She panicked.

The nurse must've been checking that out already, nodding her head to assure the baby was ok. "Your baby is alright, can you describe to me what happened?" The nurse asked.

Sandra thought for a second, the nurses still doing what they had to do. "Well I-I was sitting with my husband watching tv and then someone started to try and knock out house down. We-we got out but the house fell and the person set it to flames."  She said, tying to get everything out.

"I noticed Tony Stark was the one who brought you here, we're the avengers there as well?" The nurse asked, obviously trying to simply distract Sandra from what the other nurses were doing.

Sandra nodded. "Y-yeah. My brother is Captain America so I called him first. My husband is also James Barnes, who's also a part of the avengers." She said.

The nurse nodded her head, seeing the other nurses were finished checking on Sandra. "Your stable for now, even though the only damage we could find was the smoke inhalation. But baby is definitely coming today." The nurse said.

Sandra nodded, watching the nurse leave and Tony coming in. He looked extremely relieved to see she was ok, giving her a gentle hug.

"You know, you actually had me scared back there." He said, sitting in the guest chair. "How do you feel?"

"I should feel great because baby G is coming today, but I don't think I could fully relax until buck gets here." Sandra said, looking over to the door every few seconds. "Is everyone ok back where the house was?"

Tony nodded. "They're all ok, don't worry. Wanda mind controlled the bad guys so they would stand in the fire and burn to death." He said, "she was not having it with them."

Sandra let out a laugh, leaning her body back so she was comfortably laying down.

Just as Sandra did that, the door opened again and a worried Bucky ran in. "Did I miss it?" He asked, obviously out of breath from running.

"Nope, I'll be in the lobby if you need me for whatever reason." Tony said, standing up and patting Bucky's back. "Keep us updated."

Bucky nodded and waited until the door shut again before he went to Sandra.

He made sure to be gentle with her, holding her cheek in his hand and giving her a kiss. "You have no idea how relieved I am that your ok." He said.

"That I'm ok? Buck, you were just attacked by at least twenty guys." Sandra said, "you had me worried sick."

Bucky smiled, kissing her again. "Well everyone is here in the waiting room, but Clint and Bruce had to go."

Sandra furrowed her eyebrows. "I understand why Clint had to go, but why Bruce?" She asked, holding Bucky's hand.

"Bruce was nervous the hulk would come out and he'd hurt someone." Bucky said.

A frown formed on Sandras face. She felt bad that Bruce had to worry so much about the hulk coming out that he had to miss a lot of things, but she knew he would tear himself apart if he ever hurt an innocent person as the hulk.

That frown was soon replaced with a look of pain as Sandra squeezed Bucky's hand tightly. "I-I don't think Gracie is waiting any longer!" She said, reaching over and pressing the button to call the nurse. "Holy shit!"

A nurse came running in, seeing the expression on Sandras face. "I'll get the doctor, hang tight." The nurse said, running right out.

When she came back, the nurse had another nurse and the doctor with her. "Ok Sandra, I'm going to need you to start pushing ok?" The doctor said from the end of the bed, positioning Sandra so she could start. "Push and breathe. Breathing is everything during this."

Bucky stood beside Sandra as she squeezed his metal hand and pushed, using his other one to wipe her sweaty forehead. "Breathe, breathe. Baby Gracie will be here soon and then you can rest." He reassured her.

"I think I'm going to pass out." Sandra said, pushing again after pausing to breathe.

"We've got a head!" The doctor said, looking up to see Sandras face. "Keep pushing Sandra, just a few more pushes till this baby is out of there."

Sandra nodded her head, pushing harder and squeezing Bucky's metal hand tighter. "Is she out yet?" She asked tiredly.

"Almost. Give me on more big push." The doctor said, nodding his head at Sandra.

One more push was all it took to get Gracie Jane out. The cry's of the baby allowing Sandra to lean back and relax. She could see legitimate tears in Bucky's eyes as he watched the nurses clean up the baby.

"Here she is." One of the nurses said, putting Gracie down on Sandras chest. "Congratulations only your baby girl Mr and Mrs Barnes."

Sandra smiled as Gracie laid on her chest, looking down at her daughter. "Hi baby, it's mama." She said, tears forming in her eyes as well.

Bucky leaned over, kissing Sandras forehead. "You did amazing doll." He said, moving his eyes to see his daughter. "Hey peanut." He whispered.

"Oh, you gotta text Steve and tell him!" Sandra said with a smile.

Bucky nodded, quickly texting Steve. "She's got your little button nose." Bucky smiled, tapping both Sandra's and Gracie's noses.

Sandra smiled, leaning her head against Bucky as he stood beside her. "I'm exhausted." She said, "but I want to see her eyes."

"Rest for a little bit, I'll take Gracie." Bucky said, lifting Gracie off of Sandra and holding her carefully. "Right Gracie, shouldn't we let mama get some rest?"

Sandra admired how gentle Bucky was being with Gracie, happy they were both able to get something good out of their day. "She's definitely going to be a daddy's girl." Sandra smiled, her eyelids slowly beginning to shut. "Goodnight James, Goodnight Gracie." She said in a whispered, drifting off to sleep.