chapter 2: Ranboo's got skillz

(song used in this chapter Lost and Found - By the Lost and Found music studios cast)

"Afternoon lad and Morning Ranboob."

"Hey Tommy." Ranboo answered laughing, "did you guys get the lyrics I sent you?"

"Yea we did, how are we going to split them up?" Tubbo answered.

"Split them up?" Tommy said confused.

"He means decide on who gets what part." Ranboo explained.

"Oh, that makes more sense." Tommy replied.

"Well I think that Tommy should sing because this is for him but he doesn't have to."

"Well I think we should each sing a verse and then we decide who goes lead." Tommy said.

"That's not too bad of an idea, who wants to go first?" Ranboo asked and was met with Blank silence.

"Fine." He huffed and began to sing.

Tell me who are you?

Time to be brave

Give me the truth

The truth will save

I know that it's hard

So, look me in the eye

You'll see yourself

You know you gotta try

He was met with two pairs of applause as he stopped singing.

"You have skillz bossman."

"Thank you Tubbo, but your up next." Ranboo said with a smirk.

"Whyyy meeee." Tubbo replied dragging out the letters.

"Because I said so."

After the other two had sung it was time to take a vote.

"Okay, on three we all say who we want to do lead vocals and so on." Tommy proposed.

"Deal."

"One."

"Two."

"Three!"

"Tubbo!" Ranboo and Tommy shouted together, Tubbo shouting Ranboo a second later.

"Welp guess it's me." Tubbo sighed, "At least that's settled, now onto the instruments."

"Yeah." Ranboo mumbled in agreement, "the song doesn't need any keys so Tubs do you wanna just sing or do you want me to try and teach you the chords."

"Um you can teach me the chords."

"okay I'll play the song the whole way through and Tommy you can see what drums you wanna add to it." Ranboo said getting up and grabbing his guitar.

They finished the song within two days, Ranboo and Tommy recording their clips and sending them to Tubbo as he had the most experience in mixing. The song was due today and all three of them were nervous even though the song was only being shown to tommy's collage music class. Tommy plugged his USB into his teacher's laptop and pressed play, the video coming up as a sunset picture Ranboo had taken the other week. He watched anxiously at the other students reactions not daring to even look at the teacher. The class burst into applause as the song ended and his teacher smiled warmly.

"That was great Tommy! From what I understand you got friends to help you make it?" she asked.

"Oh, yea my friend Ranboo made the lyrics and the melody and my other friend Toby was the one singing, I just played the drums."

"Well tell your friends they did a great job as well, now I would like to see you after class okay." She asked and Tommy nodded in response.