Chapter 18: We're never gonna get better than last December

It was December 14th the day of Complex's first show and everyone was hella excited as they had booked to play The 02 arena. Once everyone on the Smp had heard about the tour, the Americans had bought tickets and flew out to see their first show. 

The bois were getting Wilbur to drive them to the Venue and the rest were driving in another car or so. "Holy shit!" Tommy exclaimed as they got to the venue.

"This is bigger then the last one I played." Ranboo stated and Tubbo turned and looked at him. "I forgot you're famous already."

"Tubbo aren't we all technically famous already?" Tommy then pointed out.

"OH, oh yea." Tubbo frowned.

As they got out of the car they were met by a security guard, "I take it you guys are Complex?" he said and the trio nodded and he then looked at Wilbur with a questioning glance.

"I'm their manager." Wilbur said calmly and the guard let them inside. Once they were inside they were met by a stage hand, "hello bois right this way please." They followed the stage hand to their apparent dressing room. "Go ahead and enter there's a few people waiting for you." She said before disappearing off down the hall.

"There's people waiting for us?" Tommy questioned, turning to Wilbur.

"Yeah Toms go on in."

Tommy pushed open the door and the Trio were met with the sight of people poorly trying to hide behind furniture. "Surprise!" the unknown people cheered and they stepped out from behind where they were hiding. Tubbo was the first to recognize the people and gasped. Tommy and Ranboo followed soon after and gasped as well. "Dream, Boss man!", "Techno, Big man!", "Puffy!" the trio ran towards the respective members and all said their hellos before moving on the others, (Karl, Sapnap and Eret.)

 The group hung around for a while until it was time for soundcheck. The Americans and the others headed out to the main arena area while Complex and Wilbur stayed behind to grab their instruments. Once they made it side stage they grabbed their masks and put them on, like Tubbo had said they had decided the wear the masks onstage. They had also decided on the setlist last night, they would be playing all the songs from the EP plus another that didn't get put on the Ep.

"What's up, We're Complex!" Tubbo yelled into the mic, causing Feedback.

"Tubboo." The other two groaned and the rest of the SMP laughed.

"Leave me alone." He frowned and then perked up again, "Guys can we practise Thrill first, they haven't heard it yet?"

"Sure I don't see why we can't." Ranboo replied and Tommy yelled to Wilbur, "We're doing Thrill first!"

"I heard!" Wilbur shouted back.

"Okay then." Tommy grumbled.

"On three."

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

Tubbo began the song with his guitar and the other two bois chimed in with the backing vocals.

Oh oh oh

Oh oh oh

Tubbo then took over singing.

They tell us that we're too lost dreaming
Too busy throwing rocks at the ceiling
They tell us that there ain't no ever after
To us the real world never mattered

Tommy and Ranboo joined in at the next part, Tommy's drums leading them into the chourus

We're chasing shadows, in concrete castles
Running through the darker night
With scrapes on our knees, and rips in our jeans
Don't matter if it's wrong or right