7. Boss or friend?

"So what you mean is tha-" as Jeongguk started, his eyes fell on a tiny head that was peeking out of the door of the room behind the couch in front of him. 

However, before he could gesture for his daughter to get back into the room, a head that was much larger than Hana's peeked out of the door. 

"Ohh?" Jeongguk asked with his eyes on Taehyung's hesitant ones. Taehyung stepped out of the room properly and looked at Jeongguk nervously. "Can I take Hana to an ice cream shop, sir?" he asked hesitantly. 

Jeongguk chuckled. "Of course. You don't have to feel so nervous to ask that, Taehyung-ssi" he said. Taehyung gave him a semi-bow at that and walked back into the room. 

"Okay, so you mea-" Jeongguk got cut off once again, this time by a loud squeal from Hana. Everyone in the living room chuckled at that. Jeongguk chuckled as well and shook his head fondly. 

"So, you wanna chan-"

"APPAAAA, THANKUUUUUUU" Hana yelled and ran and jumped right onto his lap, cutting him off once again. 

Seokjin burst out laughing. "I don't think we can finish this meeting tonight, by the way," he said, making the rest of them chuckle once again. 

"Be a good girl, okay? Don't run on the roads and listen to Taetae oppa, okay?" he said to Hana. "OTHAY!!" she yelled and got down from his lap and ran back to Taehyung, who was already standing at the main door of the house for her. 

Once they left, Jeongguk took a deep breath and released it in a huff before grinning at the rest of them sheepishly. "I am sorry. Shall we continue?" he asked and received grins and nods from the team. 

Taehyung returned about an hour later with Hana, who held a cone of unopened ice cream in her hand. 

"Appa, fo' you" Hana held the ice cream out for Jeongguk. "Aww, thank you, baby. Keep it in the fridge, okay? I'll eat later" Jeongguk said. 

"Oth-"

"Where's mine, Hana?" Yoongi asked her. Hana turned to face Yoongi with a stumped expression. "In the shop..." she murmured with a scared expression, making everyone burst into laughter. 

"Did you have a good time, Hana?" Jeongguk asked. 

"No," Hana pouted. 

"Why?" Jeongguk asked and turned to look at Taehyung, who was standing at a distance from the couches with an embarrassed grin on his face. 

"Taetae oppa didn't eat ish c'eam. I said pleash too, but he didn't eat" she complained sadly. She had really begged Taehyung to have one along with her, but it had not worked. 

When she first mentioned wanting to have ice cream, she had hoped she and Taehyung would eat it together. But the fact that she had to eat it alone really bummed her. 

"Ohh? Give him my ice cream, then" Jeongguk said. "Oh, no, sir. I am fine" Taehyung denied strictly, leaving no room for further talk about it. 

"Okay, then. Keep it in the freezer, Taehyung-ssi. I'll eat it tomorrow" Jeongguk said and turned back to his team. 

Five minutes later, he watched as the two of them walked into the kitchen to cook dinner. He assumed Taehyung was going to let her watch him cook. He never let Hana do that as he had always been scared of her thrusting her hand into the vessel on the stove. 

Maybe Taehyung knew how to manage that. Or maybe Taehyung would just let her sit on the floor and talk to him while he cooke-

"-eon?...Mr. Jeon?!" Hyojoo called out.