21. I'm sorry

Taehyung could hear a voice calling him out softly, but it took painfully long for him to realize that the voice was trying to wake him up. 

After a really long time of that voice shaking his shoulder gently, he woke up and looked to his side. It took a minute for him to get out of his sleepy state and realize that Namjoon was sitting next to him on the couch with a hand on his arm. 

"Oh, hello, hyung....what are you doin-"

"I came to pick you and Hana up, Taehyung," Namjoon answered, knowing what Taehyung was going to ask. 

"What? Why?" Taehyung asked groggily and turned around to look at the time on the wall clock on the wall behind him. 

Realizing that it was almost half-past ten, he turned back and looked at Namjoon, silently waiting for an answer. 

"Jeongguk came to our house to get his wounds treated," Namjoon said with a small sigh. 

"Oh...?"

"Jinnie asked him to spend the night at our house and he said you and Hana were gonna be left alone, so I came to pick you up. You are all gonna spend the next two days at our house. He can't go to the company with those wounds on his face, anyway," Namjoon explained. 

"Ohh....okay....should I pack a couple of clothes, then?" Taehyung asked, getting off the couch with a tired groan. 

"Yeah, do that and I'll take Hana to the car until then," Namjoon said and walked towards Hana's room, only to find it empty. "Where is she?" he hollered. "Here, hyung," Taehyung hollered back from his room. 

"Did she get scared a lot?" Namjoon asked once he walked into Taehyung's room and picked Hana up from his bed. 

"Yeah. It was scary for me too. I'm guessing Jeongguk explained everything to you already?" Taehyung asked. 

"He kinda did. I mean, he just explained his view of the whole thing and he had no idea what was happening to you or Hana. I just guessed after seeing her sleeping in your room. Her face has tear tracks too," Namjoon explained. 

"Right. It was pretty scary. They broke the TV, the hall was a mess, their faces were a mess, they weren't stopping.....they know each other, don't they?" Taehyung asked. 

Namjoon sighed again. "I'll explain on the way. Let's just pack the shit up for now. Do you want me to pack Jeongguk and Hana's clothes from their bedroom?" he offered. 

"Yeah, sure, thank you, hyung," Taehyung said. 

"No problem," Namjoon said and strode out of the room. After a couple of minutes of searching for a suitable bag, he started throwing Jeongguk and Hana's clothes in, their toiletries, a few diapers, and other necessities. 

Taehyung walked in as well, packed Jeongguk's laptop in another bag, and followed Namjoon into his car after locking the house. 

Unlike how Namjoon promised, he didn't explain everything to Taehyung on their way. He told him that it would be better if Jeongguk explained things himself. 

When they reached Namjoon and Seokjin's house half an hour later, Taehyung got out of his seat and proceeded to lift Hana up, but Jeongguk ran out of the house and silently picked her up. He gestured to Namjoon to carry the bags as well and silently walked next to Taehyung, not knowing how to start apologizing. 

The silence wasn't tense, but it wasn't a comfortable one either. After tucking Hana into the sheets of the bed in the guest room, Jeongguk knew he was supposed to start talking.