27. Uniforms and bosses

As promised, Taehyung returned home after two days. Hana and Jeongguk had spent time with him in the hospital those two days, with Jeongguk taking an extended leave from his company, and tried to make his stay as less boring as possible. 

In those two days of Hana trying to play with the limited things that she had brought to the hospital room, she and Taehyung had made it a habit to describe all of their dreams to each other, something that Jeongguk had found too domestic and adorable for his heart. 

Hana had forced him to share his dreams as well, but him being the type of person to sleep deeply without any dreams, had nothing to share with them. Unfortunately, he got attacked with twenty-nine why's and what's and how's from Hana in return, making him regret not making up some random dream instead. 

And even after a week, as he entered the kitchen in the morning to greet his boyfriend and daughter, his heart managed to do a flip when he heard his boyfriend talk about how he was visiting another planet in space. 

He knew what Taehyung was doing. He wasn't a fool to not realize that all of them weren't Taehyung's dreams, but were his own ways of teaching Hana different things without her realizing that she was being educated, the current lesson being the solar system.  

He recalled the dream a couple of days ago, by the end of which, Taehyung had managed to make Hana repeat the weekdays after him. Jeongguk couldn't feel any prouder when Hana had recited all the seven days to him that night before sleeping. 

'At this rate, she would pass her first class next year without even going to school,' a thought passed his mind, making him freeze on the spot. 

School. 

He was supposed to enroll his daughter in some school after six months and he was sure his heart and brain weren't ready for it. He wasn't hesitant about letting her stay away from him because he and she, both were already used to it. But tiny little uniforms on Hana? No way. 

"Not the time to cry, baby," he heard Taehyung say and felt his thumb caress his cheek, wiping the single tear that had fallen out of his eye away. 

"Appa, Gummanin!!" Hana exclaimed as she ran into the living room after jumping off the table. "Good morning, baby," Jeongguk said and bent down to pick her up and peck her cheeks. He then let her peck his cheek before leaning forward to peck Taehyung's lips. 

"Good morning, hyung," he greeted. "Good morning," Taehyung greeted back with a smile even though his eyes screamed to Jeongguk that he wanted to know what was wrong. 

"Nothing's wrong, hyung," Jeongguk said, walking to the kitchen and placing Hana's busy legs back on the table. "I was just imagining Hana in a school uniform," he said. 

"How will I wea' a unico'n, Appa??" Hana asked, her eyes going unbelievably round. She couldn't imagine how she was going to enter into such a beautiful animal. 

She also couldn't understand what was so funny about that that it had both her Appa and Oppa laughing out loud with their hands on their stomachs.

Jeongguk wrapped his arms around her butt and pulled her close to his chest. "Uniform, baby. Not unicorn. It's just a cute little dress for my cute little princess," he pulled one of her cheeks, "you are gonna love it."

"Then whe'e's you's (where's yours)?" she asked, pointing to Jeongguk and Taehyung. "Mine is the one I wear for office, baby. The suit, tie, and belt and all...remember? That's my uniform," Jeongguk said. Hana's mouth formed a little 'o' as she heard him speak about his uniform. 

"Then Oppa's?" she asked. "Oppa doesn't have a uniform, baby. He doesn't need one. Everything looks good on him," Jeongguk said. 

"And me?"